6mt Parking brake

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The parking brake activates automatically when i turn off the engine 95% of the times.
Sometimes it doesn't and I haven't found what makes it work or not, pressing the clutch, in or out of gear doesn't seem to affect the parking brake. The only thing that i know is that the few times it didn't engage i turned the engine off immediately after stopping, but other times i did the same and the parking brake worked normally...
There are no error messages unlike in the american recall case and the brake responds every time to the button operation.
I cannot read the chinese manual but it doesn't seem to mention this event.
Sponsored

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
I have a 6MT and have had zero issues with the parking brake in over 10K kilometers of driving.

I noticed once that I was getting some interference with my HID's so I installed a grounding kit. Haven't had any electrical issues since.

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think it is an issue, probably in some specific conditions it is programmed not to come on, but i haven't been able to understand what makes the difference

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
I am not aware that parking brake is supposed to come on automatically when you turn off the engine, at least not under normal circumstances. But I have noticed that if I have "brake hold" activated with the car stopped and engine running, and then open the door, the parking brake comes on automatically.
Sponsored