• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

6MT accelerating from a red light

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I will usually start off pretty slow in 1st gear, shift to 2nd relatively quickly then take off from there. I'd like to think this lets the driver behind me know that I was not planning on accelerating quickly. If there's an incline, I'll always roll back a little before the green as to say 'back off' especially if he/she is closer than I'd like.

If the driver behind me insists on being aggressive, this will only cause me to accelerate slower and if he/she hits me that'll be on them.
Yes, it's a bit passive aggressive but after years of driving an auto Outback, I've picked up more methods to annoy aggressive drivers like a nice spray of wiper fluids on their newly washed car - it's a shame I can no longer use this on the Integra.
This is the best advice I've seen so far.

Don't forget, your average driver in the great US of A has no fucking clue what they are doing and would rather be staring at a screen.

Drive defensively or get hit. Unfortunately, that's reality.