Syphrus

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2012 mazda3, 2003 Chevy 2500H
Country flag
They came with civic I bought. I was having some plug gap issues and burned one out. Have the replacement set coming today. Not sure if I'll keep or sell. I noticed no substantial difference in feel or resolving my gapping issue.

OP
OP
Theā€siā€tuation
First Name
Jt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18ā€™ si fc1 thatā€™s Honda for si with boneā€™us doors
Country flag
They came with civic I bought. I was having some plug gap issues and burned one out. Have the replacement set coming today. Not sure if I'll keep or sell. I noticed no substantial difference in feel or resolving my gapping issue.

Hmmm but you have no baseline reference because they were in the car when you got it right?

Syphrus

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2012 mazda3, 2003 Chevy 2500H
Country flag
Right. I mean I swapped from those to stocks back to those. But at that time I had a problem with misfire under boost. So I would likely not have been keen to any changes. I know they weren't amazing enough to allow me to run factory plug gap with flex fuel hondata base map. But that might be expecting too much. In the research I've done, one person tested them in a lab and found them to be basically rebranded Bosch coils. But many(especially from audi forums) have done dyno runs and had gains. I'm not really sure, they look nice. Their description sounds fairy tale with magic words like plasma and "10 sparks per ignition at high rpm" like just using basic logic, thats not possible or even desired. So I dunno. I've got them. I may have to replace my clutch(again) if so I'll be selling the coils to help fund. If not, I may put them on just for the off chance they do ignite better. Seeing as how I've had some ignition problems before.

OP
OP
Theā€siā€tuation
First Name
Jt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18ā€™ si fc1 thatā€™s Honda for si with boneā€™us doors
Country flag
Iā€™ll just be fine with my msd blasters .....they feel good little more throttle response and a little more urgency for sure and a quarter of the price......I was lkinda leery about their claims as well lol
Sponsored