$5000 worth of damage

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think people are missing the bigger picture. I don't think the 5k matters. This wasn't a hit and run the other's guys insurance is going to cover it no need to go junkyard shopping. OP is just crying because his car is going to lose value on car facts and has a second vehicle to use while the other gets fixed. I think you need to chill.
Just hear me out...

OP doesn't want a collision listed when he sells/trades it -- I think we can all agree this is something no one wants

While the other drivers insurance will cover the repair, OP's civic depreciates in value because of the collision.

Buying used and salvaged parts, then installing by oneself - or a bodyshop - circumvents the insurance claim, thus avoiding the depreciation.

Hell, according to my Carfax, my civic has never been in an accident ???
Sponsored

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
"If the guy smashed into my Supra, I would have beat the shit out of him, and his wife too'"

I hope that's hyperbole. We all make mistakes. If you ever cause an accident I hope the other driver has a better attitude towards you.
Hyperbole?
and compassionate?

You're erudite and empathic.
Keep spreading the light, man.

OP
OP
Heavy Foot

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda RF 2021 Toyota Supra GR 3.0
Country flag
The only bright side to the accident was the car had a few scratches and stone chips from the previous owner. These will be sprayed over when the car gets repaired. about 5 years ago, I owned a 370z, and an off duty cop rear ended me at a stoplight. It wasn't a major hit, but the cop said that some of the damage was already pre-existing, and offered me 80 bucks to help with the repair (the repair ended up being $1,200) I f*cking lost my temper with him. The car was absolutely mint, and there was not a single mark on it. When the police showed up for the accident report, the officer told me his wasn't going to give the off duty cop a ticket for having his foot slip on the brake. If the situation was the other way around and I hit a cop, or an off duty cop, I would have had the book thrown at me. The list of charges would have been a mile long. My wife is a Lawyer, and she smelt booze on his breath and mentioned that to the investigating officer, and guess what? The investigating officer couldn't smell a thing. Those cops most times will always take care of their own. I'm not the kind of guy that hates cops, but dam. Anyways I went on a rant, and way off topic. Back to the original topic. I wouldn't have beat the shit out of the guy, and his wife for smashing into my Civic. I was just being an ass when I said that. I'm super protective on my stuff, and just end up with bad luck most of the time.

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tagged the rear quarter of a corolla with my 2017 and they needed to replace the bumper/fender/headlight and bend the hood a little with a few things behind the bumper as well. Was over $13k US. I can see how this is almost $4k, especially with OEM LED headlights.

alicj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
The only bright side to the accident was the car had a few scratches and stone chips from the previous owner. These will be sprayed over when the car gets repaired. about 5 years ago, I owned a 370z, and an off duty cop rear ended me at a stoplight. It wasn't a major hit, but the cop said that some of the damage was already pre-existing, and offered me 80 bucks to help with the repair (the repair ended up being $1,200) I f*cking lost my temper with him. The car was absolutely mint, and there was not a single mark on it. When the police showed up for the accident report, the officer told me his wasn't going to give the off duty cop a ticket for having his foot slip on the brake. If the situation was the other way around and I hit a cop, or an off duty cop, I would have had the book thrown at me. The list of charges would have been a mile long. My wife is a Lawyer, and she smelt booze on his breath and mentioned that to the investigating officer, and guess what? The investigating officer couldn't smell a thing. Those cops most times will always take care of their own. I'm not the kind of guy that hates cops, but dam. Anyways I went on a rant, and way off topic. Back to the original topic. I wouldn't have beat the shit out of the guy, and his wife for smashing into my Civic. I was just being an ass when I said that. I'm super protective on my stuff, and just end up with bad luck most of the time.
Next time record those goons and post online. The internet will do more than the "law enforcement"
Sponsored