5000 miles and driver side fog light broke

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2007 Nissan Xterra SE, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon SE, 1996 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Country flag
Ive had my 2019 Si now for about 6 weeks. Car currently had 5300 miles. Noticed today the driver side fog light lens is broken, already. I believe I read somewhere here that this is a common issue and usually just the driver side for some reason. I really don't want to buy another Honda light ALREADY if this is just going to happen again. Anyone have after market suggestions that are an easy install? I was going to switch to LEDs for both hi and low beams and fogs but now to rethink.
Sponsored

OP
OP

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2007 Nissan Xterra SE, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon SE, 1996 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Country flag

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
So thats a 2020 model. I know the changed the front slightly. Are they plug n play? While I'm here, do the 2020 headlights fit the 2019?
I think itā€™s plug n play, might need an adapter, which isnā€™t too much. Yeah, the headlights will fit, but OEM is expensive You can get the morimoto set thatā€™s pretty good quality from what Iā€™ve seen, and are about 1/2 the price of OEM.

OP
OP

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think itā€™s plug n play. Yeah, the headlights will fit, but OEM is expensive You can get the morimoto set thatā€™s pretty good quality from what Iā€™ve seen, and are about 1/2 the price of OEM.
Thanks for the quick response. I like the oem led fogs. I will probably go after market led bulbs for the hi and lo beams

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Thanks for the quick response. I like the oem led fogs. I will probably go after market led bulbs for the hi and lo beams
Depending on your budget, morimoto 2 stroke 2.0s are great for LED low beams, Iā€™ve had em for over a year, and no issues, and they have great output.

OP
OP

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Depending on your budget, morimoto 2 stroke 2.0s are great for LED low beams, Iā€™ve had em for over a year, and no issues, and they have great output.
I'll look into them. I have been running Katana brand LEDs in my 2007 Xterra and my son's '96 300ZX for a couple years now. My Xterra has regular reflectors and the Katanas work well with them with pretty good cutoff and I don't get any flashes about my lights blinding people. I bought them after one of the forum members researched on a Frontier forum about the Katanas. He said the more modern LEDs are designed to work well with open reflectors. He wasn't wrong. My son's 300ZX has projectors for low beams but regular reflectors for highs. Huge difference from the halogens that the car had when we bought it in 2018. The car only had 47,000 miles when w got it and I think it still had the factory installed bulbs in it. I got the Katana's off Amazon and are pretty affordable. I recently installed Katanas in factory style fog lights on the Xterra too and are quite bright.

By the way, the factory 2019 Si Honda halogens suck...lol

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Agreed on the halogens. I had a 2019 sport sedan, and now have a 2020 ex hatch. Had the morimotos in both, and am very pleased.

Iā€™m gonna look into those katanas for my commuter car, since it has reflector housings.

OP
OP

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed on the halogens. I had a 2019 sport sedan, and now have a 2020 ex hatch. Had the morimotos in both, and am very pleased.

Iā€™m gonna look into those katanas for my commuter car, since it has reflector housings.
The katanas are are a good bit cheaper than the Morimotos. They are great in the low beam projectors in the 300ZX also. My Xterra has notoriously crap factory headlights

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
The katanas are are a good bit cheaper than the Morimotos. They are great in the low beam projectors in the 300ZX also. My Xterra has notoriously crap factory headlights
My commuter car is a versa, headlights suck on that too.
Sponsored