5/32 tread left om stock conti

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Are these tires safe to drive at 5/32? I've had the car for 32,000km so far so suprised theres still tread left as 20,000 or so is summer driving and not winter lol.

With the whole covid fiasco I cant seem to justify dropping 2300 on some new tires when winter is 5 months away and I only use the vehicle once or twice a week. Better save the money for next summer and replace it then.

Are the tires safe to drive on 4-5/32 tread? Theres no more rain anymore, just a dry summer until winter comes.

Apparently the tech I took the vehicle too said the tire belt is shifted which is why my car feels unaligned.
Sponsored

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
The stock contis become warm weather only tires around 3-4/32. This is evidenced by the wear bar in the tread pattern itself.

The tire is unusable once the main tread wear indicator hits flat at 2/32. You are safe to run these until winter, at that time you will have some slipping and should get new all seasons.

I would recommend replacing with a different tire, as the contis are expense and don’t perform noticeably better than similarly or even cheaper priced tires.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I've been driving on mine at or below that for a little bit now. In warm dry conditions I haven't had any issues. I rotate them frequently. I wouldn't risk it if there's any standing water on the roads.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Are these tires safe to drive at 5/32? I've had the car for 32,000km so far so suprised theres still tread left as 20,000 or so is summer driving and not winter lol.

With the whole covid fiasco I cant seem to justify dropping 2300 on some new tires when winter is 5 months away and I only use the vehicle once or twice a week. Better save the money for next summer and replace it then.

Are the tires safe to drive on 4-5/32 tread? Theres no more rain anymore, just a dry summer until winter comes.

Apparently the tech I took the vehicle too said the tire belt is shifted which is why my car feels unaligned.
Tread is fine. Just be careful with standing water.

I'd be more concerned with the tire belt being shifted.

OP
OP

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Tread is fine. Just be careful with standing water.

I'd be more concerned with the tire belt being shifted.
Yeah it's just causing the car to drift to the left, minor nuisance. I'll just baby it for now.
Sponsored