Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I don’t know if it’s just me or what but around my area is straight piped 5.0s everywhere. All the time they try and race me too. I don’t get it.

Like you beating a pretty much stock 180Hp civic make you feel good about yourself.

It’s weird to me because I have had pretty fast cars and I never tried to race little civic or slow cars lol. ( unless they wanted to )

I had a 2008 SRT8 Charger had tons of mods was pushing 508hp
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I run into this 2nd Gen F150 Raptor on my way to work every now and then. Dude floors it every time. Also had a Charger tried to start a race over the weekend. I just ignored it. :dunno: I did race a BMW x3/x4 for a little.

Dont really bother me anymore.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
It’s because back in the 90s when a lot of these guys were tuning civics and other Japanese cars they were faster than the fox platform mustangs usually stock five liter stangs or just as fast and you had the ricers trying to race everything. I had a 83 mustang with a five liter (302)
Non GT with a 2 barrel carb later putting a 4barrel and a few mods on it and I had that boneheaded mentality when I saw a riced out Civic that they where going to try to race me today some of these boneheads still have that same mentality they just the same as pickup truck drivers

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
So far most GTs and mustangs in general that I've seen are pretty relaxed even with mods. Camaros and chargers on the other hand...

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I had a 2013 Mustang GT in Gotta Have It Green with the Track Package and absolutely loved that car. I held onto it for just shy of 3 years/36k miles before I traded it in for something else.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
A lot of mustang owners have a very biased I’m fast attitude. So do most people with civics. So mustang guys think it’s a big deal to outrun a car that has half the engine in it. that’s not impressive to me.

I agree there’s no fun in destroying a car that has nothing compared to yours. I know my 2013 zl1 was 700 hp. It made 580whp on a 95 degree day on the first tune. I redid it then it pushed 600whp. That was dynojet. It’s a consistent marker I use cause dynojet are super close between dynos. I couldn’t find a street car in Myrtle beach area that could hang with it. Hellcats are fast but this was faster. A p90 Tesla from a roll couldn’t keep up. Just a testament to dynojet putting real numbers out not glorified prayers. Even with Michelin 305/35/20 heated up it would spin at 40mph if you just punched it in 2nd. Hankooks the car had when I got it would spin at 60mph.. it’s pretty hard to outrun a car that does a 3.8 0-60 from the factory and you add about 20 percent more power forget it. The thing is though hp per liter really isn’t that high. Forced induction 112hp per liter isn’t a lot. I’m currently over 400 crank in my type r putting at 200hp per liter. It’s way more fun to destroy srt8 now with my type r. No it’s not crazy fast but it’s quick enough. I still find no fun in beating cars I know can’t stand a chance. On the other hand I love when cars think they are faster like Hemi challengers srt8 non supercharged. Camaro ss. They think I’m an easy target. I’ve run non 10 speed mustangs but not a 10 speed yet. Before I had my final tune I was side by side with a c7 vette 40-90mph. I’ve run modded bmw 3 series turbo wrx’ s sti gti vette mustangs camaros srt8s and outrun them all except the vette but it was damn near a base map when I ran the vette. It’s can tell you I pissed a few guys off cause they would pull a fly by after cause they knew they didn’t stand a fair chance. I literally put buses from 55-104 on a hemi challenger yesterday cause he wouldn’t leave me alone. He had to keep antagonizing me. I could tell he was pissed after cause he cane up to about 3 cars behind and punched it and kept on it. At that point there was zero point of racing. I intend to run a 10speed I know a guy with one but I’m not sure he’ll go that fast on a public road. He’s older and bit of a collector. I took him for a ride and he was so shocked how fast a fbo custom tune type r is.

Any way rambling on. Please don’t take this as bragging. I know there’s always someone faster. if I run the ten speed and win it will be my biggest win to date.
Sponsored