Benbunny

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk7 Sport
Country flag
I'll be honest that I don't know too much about transmissions. Best I can tell the only thing I'd need to replace for a slipping gear is a new clutch disc. I've thought about upgrading the clutch because the fk7 is kind of well known for slipping once you add power to it. Now that it's happening I'd like to see if I should just go for the warranty or if I should upgrade to bigger and better. If I should upgrade, any recommendations?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Yes sir you need a clutch replacement. Depending on how much power you are making i would look into a better one like the type r retrofit from rv6 peformance or the act streetlite

OP
OP
Benbunny

Benbunny

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk7 Sport
Country flag
Yes sir you need a clutch replacement. Depending on how much power you are making i would look into a better one like the type r retrofit from rv6 peformance or the act streetlite
Would that be just the clutch disc or would I need anything else. Follow up to that because I know you can't see my car or the issue it has, would it be best to take it to a tech and have them inspect it before I order any parts?

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Would that be just the clutch disc or would I need anything else. Follow up to that because I know you can't see my car or the issue it has, would it be best to take it to a tech and have them inspect it before I order any parts?
If you are tuned and in 4th gear at around 2500 rpms and you step on it and slip you are going to need a clutch sooner than latter. Both of the kits i mentioned come with everything you need if you buy the kits. A mechanic is going to do the same thing in a way to find if your clutch is bad.

OP
OP
Benbunny

Benbunny

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk7 Sport
Country flag
If you are tuned and in 4th gear at around 2500 rpms and you step on it and slip you are going to need a clutch sooner than latter. Both of the kits i mentioned come with everything you need if you buy the kits. A mechanic is going to do the same thing in a way to find if your clutch is bad.
Thank you very much, you've been a big help

OP
OP
Benbunny

Benbunny

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk7 Sport
Country flag
No worries good luck
One quick question, now that I'm looking at it the Rv6 has some options. One is rated for 400 ft/torque and one is 430. I'm just running the TSP tune and I don't know which would be better

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
You'll need a new clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing. Usually all included in a kit. I would go for a clutch that is a little over the power rating for what you are making. Putting a clutch that is overkill on the car could be a problem too. The clutch is almost always not covered under warranty, it's a wear and tear item. The flywheel gets sent out to a machine shop to be resurfaced.

I've seen a ton of blown up 1.5L clutches. I would order the clutch and be done with it. The gears don't slip, the clutch does.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Once again thank you very much. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for the manufacturer to get it to me
Just drive in map1 and dont beat it till around 4000rpms and you should be fine i had to wait 2 months and got the streetlite off here. But that was when they first came out and not in stock

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I got the ACT street kit and it says it holds 360 ft lbs. I've had it on for 2 years now and no issues with slippage. The one rated for 400 will be more than enough for you.

OP
OP
Benbunny

Benbunny

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk7 Sport
Country flag
I got the ACT street kit and it says it holds 360 ft lbs. I've had it on for 2 years now and no issues with slippage. The one rated for 400 will be more than enough for you.
Did you get a new clutch master cylinder when you did yours?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Did you get a new clutch master cylinder when you did yours?
no, I tried getting one but they weren't available. Very limited gear lock out at high rpm and load though after the clutch break in.

OP
OP
Benbunny

Benbunny

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk7 Sport
Country flag
no, I tried getting one but they weren't available. Very limited gear lock out at high rpm and load though after the clutch break in.
Yeah I'm going to be racing mine so I can't have that happening at all. Trying to figure out what the best one would be
Sponsored