amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I've got to say...awesome job so far. You've inspired me to find an MR2 next year for the 3.5L Camry V6 I have sitting in my mechanics garage (he's not to thrilled about that!)

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks! It's been an interesting project. I try to just tackle each part in stages, whenever I have the free time.

That MR2 would love that extra displacement! Haha I mean he's probably looking at it as wasted floor space.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Road test tomorrow! I started it up and everything goes into gear and moves.

Honda Civic 10th gen 4th gear is no more ? 20210408_171747
Honda Civic 10th gen 4th gear is no more ? 20210408_171800

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Still have the winter tires on lol. But I need new shoes for my summer set. And I need to refresh my inspection, so winters will stay in for a week or so.

Can't wait to take it for a break in spin tomorrow!

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm back!
Honda Civic 10th gen 4th gear is no more ? 20210409_165130
Honda Civic 10th gen 4th gear is no more ? 20210409_165116

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
I'm back!
20210409_165130.jpg
20210409_165116.jpg

Hey hey congrats. I have a question about how your car acted when you did have your fourth gear go out on you. Did you notice when you were in neutral it was grinding and popping as well?. The mechanic yesterday said that my limited slip is not working and he noted the same thing I noticed which is the fact that even in neutral when rolling the car it is grinding and popping and actually wants to completely stop itself, it's so bad. He said that he's going to be opening up my transmission to see exactly what the hell happened inside of it but I didn't break through the casing he noted. Just curious how yours acted when you did have it blow out on you. I'm also hearing stories of friends who recently bought SIs and their transmissions went out on them as well.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
That's it?? I was expecting you to do something more like this:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VSgTn94Rvmywr8Zq9

Unfortunately someone made a left turn right in front of me prematurely ending my fun :(
Haha I have to break in that new clutch properly first.

Also the stage 1 exedy for the type R is like butter. Only a smige heavier then the OEM R.

Surprisingly I didn't have to fight my wheel position after the subframe drop. It's dead on. Still need to go get the alignment professionally checked.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha I have to break in that new clutch properly first.

Also the stage 1 exedy for the type R is like butter. Only a smige heavier then the OEM R.

Surprisingly I didn't have to fight my wheel position after the subframe drop. It's dead on. Still need to go get the alignment professionally checked.
If you dropped the subframe, one hundred percent you need to get an alignment. It would have definitely shifted. When I changed out my LCA bushings, my alignment was off a bit

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Aligned!
Full boost feels great ?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
Hey hey congrats. I have a question about how your car acted when you did have your fourth gear go out on you. Did you notice when you were in neutral it was grinding and popping as well?. The mechanic yesterday said that my limited slip is not working and he noted the same thing I noticed which is the fact that even in neutral when rolling the car it is grinding and popping and actually wants to completely stop itself, it's so bad. He said that he's going to be opening up my transmission to see exactly what the hell happened inside of it but I didn't break through the casing he noted. Just curious how yours acted when you did have it blow out on you. I'm also hearing stories of friends who recently bought SIs and their transmissions went out on them as well.
Aligned!
Full boost feels great ?

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Mine started with a soft high pitch wine in 4th gear. Then it just exploded.
Kinds sounds like you lost a tooth from a gear and it's knocking around in the trans. Yikes!
Sponsored