4Piston Racing is Working on Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pumps! Speed Hunters Rejoice!

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
Seems like you don't know too much about mods, tunes, etc. Boost by gear is great. We use it for the turbo corvette, too, so we gain traction off the line better.
I can't imagine how you would control such a car without controlling boost by gear.
Sponsored

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't imagine how you would control such a car without controlling boost by gear.
We tried once, just to see.... and it was a pain to come off the line without blowing 1-3 gears

Linwozzle

First Name
Linden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CBP CTR, 05 Lotus Elise, 94 Miata
Country flag
Would be nice to utilize more ethanol content with the flexfuel kit!

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Seems like you don't know too much about mods, tunes, etc. Boost by gear is great. We use it for the turbo corvette, too, so we gain traction off the line better.
So because you use it on a Corvette:
1. I don’t know about mods
2. Using it on a RWD car is supposed to justify overpowering the cutesy front end of a FWD?

I love my Type R and all man, but 500 HP on a FWD just seems ridiculous, a waste of money, and just gets you to brag, like, it gets you to talk about how people don’t know about mods.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
So because you use it on a Corvette:
1. I don’t know about mods
2. Using it on a RWD car is supposed to justify overpowering the cutesy front end of a FWD?

I love my Type R and all man, but 500 HP on a FWD just seems ridiculous, a waste of money, and just gets you to brag, like, it gets you to talk about how people don’t know about mods.
My buddy has a 670whp civic hatch back and he doesn’t have traction issues and it’s a basic setup that doesn’t brake the bank. It’s all about the setup and driver. Just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it can’t work for the rest.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
My buddy has a 670whp civic hatch back and he doesn’t have traction issues and it’s a basic setup that doesn’t brake the bank. It’s all about the setup and driver. Just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it can’t work for the rest.
It doesn’t matter whether it makes sense to me or not. 670whp on anything and he doesn’t have traction issues? Lol, yeah. When we get into sharing false facts, that’s when I’m out because it’s a losing battle I have no interest in getting into. Happy wheel spinning.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Stop being such a party pooper and enjoy the development of the scene. Should a Toyota Prius have 1000HP? Probably not but people find enjoyment of creating the impossible. Thank u for coming to my ted talk

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
we get it. YOU like the car stock, YOU feel mods are worthless, YOU feel it's ridiculous to have 500 whp.

Just because you feel that way, doesn't mean others have to share the same feeling.
drop the mic!:cool:

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
How long do you guys think that we should give 4P before we start bugging them for news? :coffee:

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
It doesn’t matter whether it makes sense to me or not. 670whp on anything and he doesn’t have traction issues? Lol, yeah. When we get into sharing false facts, that’s when I’m out because it’s a losing battle I have no interest in getting into. Happy wheel spinning.
How the hell do you think big power cars get down on the street or 1k+ hp cars get down at a no prep event. Traction control that uses wheel speed to pull timing and or boost, its not rocket science. Doesn't mater if its fwd/rwd/awd. Clearly you have never driven anything with a real traction control system or hondata's tcm in the software.

CTRXgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 civic cx hatch B20 V / 07 Audi A4 / and a gen x 2018CTR comin June 20th
Country flag
This is going to be a huge help for us to actually make some power out of these engines. I can’t wait for some updates..

Also why are you trolling dude? If you want your car stock that’s cool but to make those comments is pretty ignorant. No car with high hp doesn’t have traction issues.. things like boost by gear , suspension , etc. are what we use to manage that power. This is the future of the sport we love. People buy a ctr to race it and have fun. Part of that fun is making it faster and learning how to manage it to make the most of that power.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seeing all this power going through the front wheels just makes me, sad. The rear of our cars get no love. My CTR is stock and I could spin the fronts all day long. 500whp on FWD confuses me. What for?
You sound sincerely uneducated if you do not understand the concept of boost by gear. In high horsepower applications, you aren't going to be using 500WHP to launch off the line. Boost by gear allows you to get off the line without any ridiculous amount of tire spin. You aren't going to need 500whp from a stop.