47mpg to the ski hill, 46mpg back. I love this car! (2.0L N/A)

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
Drove 30ish km to my local ski hill and got 47mpg, and got 46mpg on the way back. Gotta say I really love this car and its efficiency! I run tuned on my 2018 EX, with 91 octane and an aem intake. Using econ mode, temperature was around -7c in the morning and 0c in the afternoon.

This was done in a really hilly area with a speed limit of 80km. I've found that the most fuel efficient way to drive is to let the car slow down going up hills, to around 80 to 75ish, and keep the pedal at the same spot going down, picking up speed till you're at 95, letting off the pedal for the rest of the way down and let engine braking cut fueling. If the hill isn't long or if I need to pick up a lot of speed quickly I've found switching to neutral uses less fuel than tapping the throttle.

On my way back from the hill I couldn't drop below 85 as there was someone behind me, which did impact fuel economy a little, but at those numbers it's splitting hairs lol. I just love the feeling of getting fuel economy that's better than EPA rated

Pic of the morning run (the I is there cause I'm low on washer fluid rn) -- taken from just outside town to the ski hill, on my way back it was 5.1 including town

Honda Civic 10th gen 47mpg to the ski hill, 46mpg back. I love this car! (2.0L N/A) {filename}
Sponsored

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The fuel economy number on the window sticker are way under-rated, IMHO. I exceed the highway numbers all the time without any effort whatsoever.