First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The front looks a little feminine for a truck - they should have do something other than copy/pasting the front end of the Pilot off onto the Ridgeline.

That being said, I think its a very compelling "real" option for those who want a balanced truck - i.e., one you can daily drive to work and go on trips with during the weekends. I think its a little silly when people have F350s as their commuter car. Lots of unique features. A little pricey, it'll be interesting to see how the market responds to it.

I'm not really a truck/SUV guy, but if I had to choose, it'd be a close tie between the Ridgeline and an Ecoboost F150 (Ford's put a ton of work into it)

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Isn't the Ridgeline a unibody chassis? I thought that's why it got hate from all the other "truck guys" because they swear by their body-on-frame.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Isn't the Ridgeline a unibody chassis? I thought that's why it got hate from all the other "truck guys" because they swear by their body-on-frame.
It is, yeah.

Sorry, I think "truck guys" and the only thing that pops in my mind:

Honda Civic 10th gen ... big-nuts

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What cracks me up is people think that actually looks good. If they weren't sure you were a redneck or not, the truck would guarantee it. My god, that's so tacky. But where's the chrome girl mudflaps?

:doh:
lol I could only find so much redneck in one picture. You'd be surprised how many people are proud to be rednecks though. At least here in this part of WV, where it's like 50% "natives" and 50% transplants from DC (like me), I see dozens of 'Proud Redneck' and 'Cuntry Girl' stickers each day. Boggles the mind why you'd advertise that.

OP
OP

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned

Last edited:

Maheenstar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I think the Ridgeline looks great! The only thing is that I feel like it needs a roof railing standard badly! I feel like something's missing on the roof lol

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
I love big trucks. Even the rednecked lifted ones. Would love to own one, if the maintenance and fuel costs weren't so much higher than a car. And if I actually had something to CARRY. We rented a Tahoe XL for a LA-San Diego-Phoenix-Grand Canyon-Vegas-LA road trip the other year. It was great! Especially when our luggage was failing, and throwing an entire set of new hard-shell luggage in with the existing stuff we and my parents had, with room to SPARE... I actually laughed for a few seconds. Again, nice when it's needed. Costly the rest of the year that it ain't. I can't even rag on their performance anymore, as they handle pretty well for such big machines.

So I'd buy the Ridgeline as the best compromise. Thought about it this time around for a bit, but I REALLY never have to carry anything, and have access to quite a few industrial-sized choices when I do...

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe, 2016 HRV
Vehicle Showcase
The Ridgeline looks great to me. I got to see one in person at my dealer when it was coming off the truck. Too bad they are around 40k, that kills it for me. Nice truck it is, but not 40k nice. Where I live I see so many huge fully loaded trucks though so people don't mind paying close to 60k for those. I guess those buyers would see the Ridgeline as a cheap alternative. :dunno:

OP
OP

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sponsored

Last edited: