4500K HID on low beam clear white

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I put LEDs in first. They all have fans and the vibrations traveled right into the cabin.They were bright and white though. The noise was just too annoying. I swapped them out with 55w 6000k HIDs. They are much brighter and completely silent. I didn't need to run anything to the battery either. There are good spots to mount the ballasts on either side of the hood. They plugged right into the factory cables and work great. Their warm up time is < 10 seconds.
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I put LEDs in first. They all have fans and the vibrations traveled right into the cabin.They were bright and white though. The noise was just too annoying. I swapped them out with 55w 6000k HIDs. They are much brighter and completely silent. I didn't need to run anything to the battery either. There are good spots to mount the ballasts on either side of the hood. They plugged right into the factory cables and work great. Their warm up time is < 10 seconds.
I've said this in other threads, but get a relay.

Just because they work, doesn't mean you've done it properly. Spend the $15 for a proper relay with proper gauge wires.

It's to protect your car from a fire for that 1 time it doesn't work properly.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
I've said this in other threads, but get a relay.

Just because they work, doesn't mean you've done it properly. Spend the $15 for a proper relay with proper gauge wires.

It's to protect your car from a fire for that 1 time it doesn't work properly.
THANK YOU FOR THE TIP. Just ordered a kit form eBay, Optima, that incudes the relays and anti-flicker set. 2 kits for $84 shipped.

Raymx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex Manual
Country flag
Hello Im new in the forum.
I am about to get a 2016 Civic Turbo Plus (crappy version of the EX-L for Mexico) in Cosmic Blue. since we did not got the touring version with those cool LEDs headlights I was thinking on installing a HID Kit, how ever i read a couple of articles about the HID kits with some disadvantages and even some serious issues with the electric power steering, ESP, several malfunction messages on the dash and even the radio with FM frequency, is that true? are the members of these forum who changed to HID kits are getting any trouble installing this kits? so far im thinking on installing a 35W 4500K from the Xenon depot (H11 HID KIT | XTREME HID, Philips Bulb) or the ones from this post DDM. but Im worried I might get some malfunctions errors or something that can damage my car and not being covered by my waranty
que tal amigo, instalaste HID ne el civic o que hiciste?, tambienestoy interesado en hacerlo, saludos

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone show me where to connect the oem input? Also, what do I do with these two studs(pictures below)?

Edit: upon further investigation it seems that the two stubs connect into the bulb itself.

Honda Civic 10th gen 4500K HID on low beam clear white IMG_1824.JPG

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
This is how most, if not all HID's are wired.

Post photos of your whole kit if you want a customer step-by step :)

Honda Civic 10th gen 4500K HID on low beam clear white 1

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is how most, if not all HID's are wired.

Post photos of your whole kit if you want a customer step-by step :)

Honda Civic 10th gen 4500K HID on low beam clear white 1
I have the Morimoto HID Kit. As of now, I think I know how this thing hooks up. I am very inexperienced with electrical.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Haha it's all good, first time for everything!

Let us know if you need more help. Might not be a bad idea to show us your engine bay install after you're done to see if any of us can catch a few mistakes :)

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha it's all good, first time for everything!

Let us know if you need more help. Might not be a bad idea to show us your engine bay install after you're done to see if any of us can catch a few mistakes :)
Where did you mount your relays?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
On my old car I used steel ties and 3M double-sided tape to mount them to the side of the battery cover.

You want any inline fuse to the battery to be within 12 inches of the + post, so keep that in mind while you search. Any flat surface should do.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've pretty much laid out the whole kit on my floor. Connected all the pins and everything but seemed to be left with these in a unmarked bag. Any ideas as to what these could be?

Honda Civic 10th gen 4500K HID on low beam clear white IMG_1830.JPG

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Those exposed wire prongs you posted earlier go into the orange grommets, then into the plastic piece to make a standard connector.

I do believe Morimoto gives you an 'extension kit' just in case the included wires are too short, depending on your car.

Picture of whole setup wired together?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Just to warn you, zip ties will become brittle with heat/cold cycles and eventually just disintegrate. Hence why I used metal ties on mine, w/ 3M tape.

With your setup, if the zip ties to break, the ballasts will just fall straight through.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
I bought this kit, OPT7 35w S2 H11 HID Kit w/Relay Harness Bundle, and it was crap. One side was fine, but the other side, closest to the battery, would come on sometimes, other times it would make a short-circuit sound and not come on. Seemed like it was struggling to get enough power to ignite. When the car was running, that one side would almost never ignite.

Stay away:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPT7-35w-S2.../111557778268?ssPageName=ADME:X:RRNTB:US:3160
Sponsored