tcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T SOLD June 2016
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve owned dozens of cars since the early 70s and as far as quality or design complaints the only three I had with the new Civic were the excessive panel gaps (worse than most other cars I've owned), Honda’s decision to use cloth instead of vinyl or another more suitable material on the armrests, and the durability of the floor mats that started showing a lot of wear after only a couple of hundred miles. I can understand people getting upset about the issues that need fixing like the electronic problems, spontaneous windshield cracks, etc.

My biggest issue with the car was the seat comfort on long trips though I’m glad to see that most people here seem to find the seats perfectly acceptable.

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Haha, couldn't agree more.

There are definitely some issues where Honda dropped the ball, like the slew of false errors, subwoofer rattle, auto wipers, etc., and those are worthy complaints.
There are also valid points about cost cutting, like the lack of light in glovebox, the shitty carpet mats, thin body panels, etc.

But half the complaints on here are asinine, and it makes me wonder how some people function in society.

I have a chip in my windshield because a rock hit it! Fuck Honda and their cheap glass!
The seatbelt buckle is too big and I can't press the release button easily! Design flaw!
My car gets dirty easily when I drive it! Wtf!!
The rearview camera is useless when it rains! I can't see out the back! Poor engineering!!

Honda Civic 10th gen ... iWKad22

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Civic gets 95% of it right. Y'all wanna see a shitty car? Rent a Sentra.

Some people act like the other 5% that isn't perfect makes up 100% of their ownership experience. Good luck being happy with life.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I feel my experience with new cars (over 20 since I started driving) gives my opinion some decent credibility. I agree completely with Gav. The nitpicking is really ridiculous. I've had my Touring for six months and have over 9,000 miles. Aside from two updates (surging and amp) I really can't complain too much. The issues people complain about are silly. Take for example the auto wipers. There is a rheostat dial on the switch which adjusts the sensitivity. Once adjusted it works pretty well. Personally, I think the idea of auto wipers is a silly gimmick. How much effort does it take to turn on your wipers when it rains?

To me, this car is tight, well made and has a very economical but powerful engine. I keep getting amazed at how frugal the car is with gas. The Civic has done perfectly in the crash tests and is an outstanding value. I just read today that Honda may be losing money on each Civic because they priced it aggressively to regain market share.

My favorite features on the car are the Honda sensing goodies. I also like the brake assist switch. I never realized how nice it is to rest your brake foot in city traffic!!

My only pet peeve which I never complained about on this forum is the glove box. How much would it cost to put a damper in so that the box opens less abruptly? A light would be nice too.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Most of these comments are from people that have never had to experience a Hyundai's/Kia's build quality (though they're getting better), let alone a Yugo or Lada... Most are spoiled by Honda themselves. Compared to previous cars, the new one IS a bit chintzy with the glitzy bits, though still well-done. I'd compare a Hyundai to it and not expect it to lose many points, where before you'd laugh to even think about trying it. I think the next model or facelifted Civic will REALLY be something.

But yeah, I can't remember if it was a Civic or not, but I called a guy out that was complaining about his car on Facebook. He'd hit a deer and gone into a ditch, so he was saying about what a piece of junk the car was. It took two back and forths before I got through to him that the same thing would have happened to any OTHER car he'd have been driving...

OP
OP

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned

Last edited:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Ya there's been a lot of very stupid people on here as of late. It's getting on my nerves to be honest. People on here need to chill the F$@K out. If you have an issue take it to the damn dealer and get it fixed, it's really simple actually, like do people not realize they're brand new car has a warranty? And other issues can be easily solved by looking at the friggin owners manual or a simple google search, but no, they waste all of our time, and make a pointless thread which in turn makes the car look like a POS to other mindless people. There's a reason why it's the North American Car of the year. It's the best civic since 2000 IMO, and it makes Toyota, Mazda, HyunDIE/Kia junk (omg the new Elantra has a 24 month lease with $0 down, I wonder why, maybe because it's just as big of a POS as ever, but wait.. It has heated seats, a/c and it's an automatic,, 95% of women are sold right there! lmao give me a F$&KIN break..) look years behind it. I am proud of my new civic and everyone I've shown my car too thinks the exact same.

Honda Civic 10th gen ... ima

Ant918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I'm the kind of guy to never complain about anything personally, just my personality. Recently was having a problem with my head unit where it was jumping to the home screen and constantly beeping non stop...did a quick forum search and found a solution, simply had to put sensitivity to low and clean the dust off the screen, done.

I also noticed on hot days after work I'll get in my car and one of the vents will be aiming up, another problem I saw another user mention, I tilt it back down into my usual placement and it stays that way until the next hot day. No screaming and yelling about having to bring the car to the dealership I spent 20 thousand dollars yada yada.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm the kind of guy to never complain about anything personally, just my personality. Recently was having a problem with my head unit where it was jumping to the home screen and constantly beeping non stop...did a quick forum search and found a solution, simply had to put sensitivity to low and clean the dust off the screen, done.

I also noticed on hot days after work I'll get in my car and one of the vents will be aiming up, another problem I saw another user mention, I tilt it back down into my usual placement and it stays that way until the next hot day. No screaming and yelling about having to bring the car to the dealership I spent 20 thousand dollars yada yada.
I'm the same way, I try to be realistic about what a minor issue is, logically try to find a solution and work at it if it bothers me enough to need fixing. Like the vents: Takes 1/2 a second to move them down each day - who cares! People were talking about nearly tearing the dash apart to put new parts in. No need to have a conniption.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya there's been a lot of very stupid people on here as of late. It's getting on my nerves to be honest. People on here need to chill the F$@K out. If you have an issue take it to the damn dealer and get it fixed, it's really simple actually, like do people not realize they're brand new car has a warranty? And other issues can be easily solved by looking at the friggin owners manual or a simple google search, but no, they waste all of our time, and make a pointless thread which in turn makes the car look like a POS to other mindless people. There's a reason why it's the North American Car of the year. It's the best civic since 2000 IMO, and it makes Toyota, Mazda, HyunDIE/Kia junk (omg the new Elantra has a 24 month lease with $0 down, I wonder why, maybe because it's just as big of a POS as ever, but wait.. It has heated seats, a/c and it's an automatic,, 95% of women are sold right there! lmao give me a F$&KIN break..) look years behind it. I am proud of my new civic and everyone I've shown my car too thinks the exact same.

image.jpeg
There are some women out there that think Kias are sexy. :love: Mothers I'd Like To...Fish with. Nothing strokes a male ego better than a man driving an '04 Sedona plastered with multiple copies of the same Honor Roll sticker. ;)

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase

Well said my friend.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag