4 Point Harness without bar

Thatcurtisguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Has anyone/is it possible to install a 4 point harness in the 2018 Type R without using the roll bar?
Sponsored

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
@goose_rx Looks like an easy install. How do you like them?

Also this is nice, "Quick Fit Pro Belts with ASM and FE Cam Lock meet the FMVSS 209 Specification from the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Admin) for Street Legality and Use."

goose_rx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
I autocross as well so that is good information. I stay in place in the seat currently but because I have a harness in my other Honda's that I autocross I have wanted to get a 4 point harness without having to get a bar. I also like that this won't hinder regular seat belt use.

goose_rx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I autocross as well so that is good information. I stay in place in the seat currently but because I have a harness in my other Honda's that I autocross I have wanted to get a 4 point harness without having to get a bar. I also like that this won't hinder regular seat belt use.
Exactly - I keep the harness in my autocross day box and just clip it in when I'm at the event. It really is a great system, even if they technically don't allow it in HPDE events near me because they're technically for a Focus.

OP
OP

Thatcurtisguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Exactly - I keep the harness in my autocross day box and just clip it in when I'm at the event. It really is a great system, even if they technically don't allow it in HPDE events near me because they're technically for a Focus.
Does your seatbelt notification go off?
How much does the rear seat weigh?

goose_rx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Does your seatbelt notification go off?
How much does the rear seat weigh?
No, it clips in to the stock seatbelt clips, so the notification does not go off. Rear seat is completely foam, so it's pretty light. One bolt and two holding clips.

bobvita007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R Champ White
Country flag
Found this thread searching for info on autocross harnesses. QuickFit Pro looks good. Any reason to choose the pro or has anyone used the QuickFit version? It's $100.00 less and I am wondering if this would be fine just for autocross? The Focus G3 Left would work for the driver's seat?

https://www.schrothracing.com/item/schroth-quickfit/tuning-Harnesses

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I wait on my bar to arrive so it can be welded up, I've been running a harness bar using the rear mounting points for the backseats. Granted I don't own a Type R but this may help for those (like myself) who need a visual to understand. I took out the seatbelt assemblies since the harness needs to use the OEM 14mil hole (I think it's 14mil tbh can't remember) to secure the locking mechanism.

I was told by a friend that the reason a roll bar is necessary for a harness is that with the current setup I have, if I got into a bad car accident the inertia and acting forces would try to compress my body. Spines don't like to compress suddenly. When you add the roll bar for the harness it apparently takes away that downward crushing force. I haven't verified what he's told me but it sounded pretty logically sound so I could be completely wrong.

The last picture is what the roll bar looks like after it's welded.

Honda Civic 10th gen 4 Point Harness without bar 243615100_592650058589068_4137805291075983825_n

Honda Civic 10th gen 4 Point Harness without bar 60541-1

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag