4 Gauge Amp power wire route

favre95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yugo
Country flag
Anyone know where to run this thick of a wire? Assuming it won’t fit through the hood latch grommet, is the next place the boot behind the battery? I’m trying not to alter anything. Just looking for the easiest spot. Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
There is a nice hole just above drivers kick panel.
See pic with yellow circle.
Then route cable through fender and into engine bay.
Honda Civic 10th gen 4 Gauge Amp power wire route IMG_20201113_192728664~2
Honda Civic 10th gen 4 Gauge Amp power wire route IMG_20201113_192422713

OP
OP

favre95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yugo
Country flag
Thanks guys, appreciate the help. That is the “boot” I was talking about in original post behind the battery. If I use that I will try to fish it through the “factory hole”.

I’m not against running down the fender either (wheel well), I just want to get it through a hole in the fender rail under the hood (near the battery and fuse block). I don’t want it crossing over where the hood meets the fender. I don’t want it to get squashed or pierced by the compression of the hood closing. I know that probably isn’t a problem most likely, as I’ve not read anyone having this issue. I just don’t like the idea of it being like that.

Thanks again guys for the help!

OP
OP

favre95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yugo
Country flag
I may add, I don’t have my amp kit yet, still in the process of getting here. So if a 4ga wire will fit through any of those holes on the fender rail, near the battery to get into the wheel well, I don’t know yet. Maybe you guys do.

OP
OP

favre95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yugo
Country flag
There is a nice hole just above drivers kick panel.
See pic with yellow circle.
Then route cable through fender and into engine bay.
IMG_20201113_192728664~2.jpg
IMG_20201113_192422713.jpg
Just an FYI to anyone that reads this. Unfortunately this hole doesn’t exist on a 2020 Type R. I can feel the indentation/perforation for it on the interior side, but the hole isn’t present. Thanks for the tip though...much appreciated.

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
Just an FYI to anyone that reads this. Unfortunately this hole doesn’t exist on a 2020 Type R. I can feel the indentation/perforation for it on the interior side, but the hole isn’t present. Thanks for the tip though...much appreciated.
Late reply, my photos were from a HB Sport trim, I now have a FK8 and agree the FK8 does not have that hole.
Sponsored