Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
Anyone want to address that Honda actually ditched the high torque j35 v6 for a 2.0T that makes equal torque 2500 rpm sooner and holds it over a longer duration of time. But sure complain that Honda decided to ditch the 20+ year old motor tech lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
I mean. That's the same v6 they put in the Saturn Vue. The more you make the less cost you pay. Why not slap a 2.0t or 1.5t into everything isn't that what VW did???

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
The 2.0T is also cleaner on emissions while costing less to produce. It’s not just a technology update.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
I mean. That's the same v6 they put in the Saturn Vue. The more you make the less cost you pay. Why not slap a 2.0t or 1.5t into everything isn't that what VW did???
Economies of scale, and yes that's what it looks like they're planning on doing. The 1.5T is being used in the Civic, CRV, and Accord now, which are their three top-selling cars. I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see the 2.0T replace the J35 in the Pilot, Odyssey, and Acuras, as well as the rumored crossover that's supposed to slot in between the CRV and the Pilot.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s not as powerful as the outgoing V6 but the 2.0T is a little more fuel efficient. And the latter is more important for your sales leader designed for the masses.
Depends on how you measure the power. It may be down on *peak* horsepower, but it has a lot more torque down low where you actually use it everyday, so for driving on the street it feels much more powerful. Not as much at the top-end, but 99% of Accord buyers would probably prefer the current setup.

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
In the OP's defense, the Honda website is not very clear when you are in the car builder that you are getting all that other stuff in addition to the HP increase. I was also under the same impression and had a similar reaction.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Depends on how you measure the power. It may be down on *peak* horsepower, but it has a lot more torque down low where you actually use it everyday, so for driving on the street it feels much more powerful. Not as much at the top-end, but 99% of Accord buyers would probably prefer the current setup.
I measure power the same way everybody else does lol. Horsepower, torque and speed.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I measure power the same way everybody else does lol. Horsepower, torque and speed.
What I didn't see you say is "area under the curve", which is what the vast majority of people care about because that's what they can feel. And what is "speed"? Top speed? Acceleration from a dig? Acceleration from 40-80?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I didn't see you say is "area under the curve", which is what the vast majority of people care about because that's what they can feel. And what is "speed"? Top speed? Acceleration from a dig? Acceleration from 40-80?
Exactly, If I can have 273 lb ft of tq at 1500 instead of 5000 or wherever it is on the v6, Im all for it. Its not like Im running 1/4 mile runs in my family car....all the time. I can guarantee you a stock, no bolt ons, tuned 2.0T will be faster than a stock, no bolts ons, v6 for those that really care about performance in their Accord.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I was keeping it simple, not giving an automotive dissertation.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was keeping it simple, not giving an automotive dissertation.
OT, but what color R you got and what part of Dallas you in? Ive seen 3 in DFW now

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
OT, but what color R you got and what part of Dallas you in? Ive seen 3 in DFW now
Rallye Red and I live in north Dallas near Addison/Richardson. I've only seen (and chatted with) one CTR owner at the dealership I bought mine from (Lute Riley.) He'd had it in for service twice for the Rev Match failure harness issue.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rallye Red and I live in north Dallas near Addison/Richardson. I've only seen (and chatted with) one CTR owner at the dealership I bought mine from (Lute Riley.) He'd had it in for service twice for the Rev Match failure harness issue.
Ah cool. I saw a red one flying down I30 on the TexPress lanes headed toward Arlington from Dallas a week or so ago. I know it was flying because I was doing 88 in my ricer ext. I saw it in my rear view and had to slow down just so I could grab a look. They look so good in person. There is a white one and a black one in Cedar Hill I know of too. The black one got ran in to already.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
That wasn’t me as I haven’t been down south in awhile but you might see me sometime anyways. My folks live in south oak cliff and I got a buddy in Mansfield. Damage to these cars seem to be a problem. It’s like they attract a-holes hitting them like flies to poop.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live on the Mansfield/Arlington border, Collins and Debbie. If I see ya, Ill give you the knowing nod. If you see this car, its me.

Honda Civic 10th gen $4,530 for 0.5 liter? side no kid

Honda Civic 10th gen $4,530 for 0.5 liter? WING WEDNESDAY