3rd party blind spot detection

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
I saw this youtube video showing aftermarket blind spot detection installed on a new Accord. Anyone with similar experience?
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Those have been around for quite a while, and are definitely an option if you really need BSD.

Get it installed professionally though, so they can calibrate it to your car and provide warranty.

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally, I find those systems to be pretty useless. Worse than useless, actually, as they are quite distracting. If you have significant blind spots, you haven't set up your mirrors correctly.

OutSider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
I'd rather have BSD then lane watch, plus it onky works for the right side, it's useless for the left.
I'll likely end up adding some BSD rather then just rely on labels watch.

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Is there a system that provides both blind spot detection as well as parking sensors? If you're going through the trouble of having an aftermarket system installed, you might as well do both since it's not that much more work to install while you're at it.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Is there a system that provides both blind spot detection as well as parking sensors? If you're going through the trouble of having an aftermarket system installed, you might as well do both since it's not that much more work to install while you're at it.
Looks like the same company that makes that model, BSD-1000, also makes a BSD-1000P that has rear parking sensors too.

Looks pretty cool. It's Canadian and I'm not sure if anyone sells it in the U.S. though.
Sponsored