First Name
Severed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I read that these are both signs of a bad clutch but my clutch feels pretty fine to me. Very rarely (once a month or two) I will try to shift into 3rd and it won't grind but simply refuse to go. It will keep kicking the shift knob into neutral until I let it sit in neutral for a second before shifting back up. This usually only happens at high rpm. Also I have to put the car into a gear before going into reverse, sometimes going in and out of reverse until it smoothy goes or else I get a grind when letting off the clutch. I feel like the reverse issue is a normal occurance from what i've searched up and is normal amoung manual cars but the 3rd gear issue seems very wierd. I read that 3rd gear and reverse having issues are a sign of a bad clutch. anybody else experience this or want to give some insight?
Sponsored

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Good thing it's not going into gear and popping out which is the infamous 3rd gear issue. Trouble getting into reverse is normal.

You will notice your clutch is going when it takes awhile for the gear to grab. Or also when you press the gas but you don't go anywhere and your RPM's rev up.

Alex5555

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic so coupe
Country flag
I have the exact same issue with 3rd not sure what it is but when shifting up or down sometimes it just won’t go in and my clutch feels fine

eagleguy105

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR #33010
Country flag
I used to have trouble getting into reverse in the mornings when I would first start the car. I've started shifting into another gear first (straight down to 4th is easiest for me), and then into reverse which seems to help. Give it a shot!
Sponsored