Crowe

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I've always wanted to buy a 3D printer but never got around to buy one.
Worth it for the ability to rapid prototype stuff if you are into fabricating shit. Plus some of the higher temp filaments are ridiculously resilient. Just swapped my print head to the high temp version and have been messing around w/ some carbon fiber infused polycarbonate. My current tests put it roughly 3X the strength but instead of shattering, it deforms instead. I'm excited to see what I can use it for!

OP
OP
GutlessGnat

GutlessGnat

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I just recently started doing octolapse videos with a dslr camera. They looks pretty cool

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently have gotten back into 3D printing. Purchased an Ender 6 at a discount, I initially wanted a Voron 2.1 but the parts cost is pretty high. I’ve never modeled a “wheel” or other complex concave surface before, but I tried yesterday and the results were decent using Fusion 360.

See: 2020 Si OEM wheel
Honda Civic 10th gen 3D Printing? image

atheldis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Worth it for the ability to rapid prototype stuff if you are into fabricating shit. Plus some of the higher temp filaments are ridiculously resilient. Just swapped my print head to the high temp version and have been messing around w/ some carbon fiber infused polycarbonate. My current tests put it roughly 3X the strength but instead of shattering, it deforms instead. I'm excited to see what I can use it for!
Thanks for the advice!

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I do a bit of functional design/printing myself. The printer has got me out of loads of tight spots when it came to replacing mounts/clips etc on my older Civic's and a classic BMW. I'm currently working on a Qi charging phone mount for the FK7 that'll go above the infotainment screen (I have the OEM wireless charger & not a fan of the position).

I wonder if anyone has produced a model of the 10th gen Civic yet?

Crowe

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I do a bit of functional design/printing myself. The printer has got me out of loads of tight spots when it came to replacing mounts/clips etc on my older Civic's and a classic BMW. I'm currently working on a Qi charging phone mount for the FK7 that'll go above the infotainment screen (I have the OEM wireless charger & not a fan of the position).
That's half of why I bought it! I want to be able to travel the country in a bus(Si in tow!) and be able to repair and fabricate things on the road, as well as be able to print things to sell at art shows and fests! A high-ish temp enclosed 3D printer fit the bill PERFECTLY!
Sponsored