Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
maybe change a set of synchromesh too while replacing 4th ?
It's probably what I'll have to do. I'll be taking a look at the oil gutters to. There's been a few situations where the gutter holes weren't punched out right. Resulting in less oil being spread over the gears.
Sponsored

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It's probably what I'll have to do. I'll be taking a look at the oil gutters to. There's been a few situations where the gutter holes weren't punched out right. Resulting in less oil being spread over the gears.
oh yeah i actually forgotten to check mine during my build but i may have had a glance on it & it seems ok .. will look into it when my engine comes out from 1st phase of trials, so far so good from my build. will be adding some stuffs to the engine & an LSD too as i've got the regular 6MT.
will ping you when i get to your stage, following behind quite far but getting there slowly due to covid partial lockdown.

MSawyer26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 civic si sedan & 2021 civic type r
Country flag
I would like to say Hi to everyone! This is my official first post since I've joined. I recently bought a 2021 Sonic Grey Pearl Type R. I have no current mods, but I have been in touch with a tuning shop and this is my current plan on making said power. If any suggestions on better mods, i'm all ears

-Hondata
-AWE touring exhaust with up pipe
-PRL HV intake
-PRL intake pipe
-PRL downpipe
-PRL intercooler
-PRL intercooler charge pipe

Last edited:

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would like to say Hi to everyone! This is my official first post since I've joined. I recently bought a 2021 Sonic Grey Pearl Type R. I have not current mods, but I have been in touch with a tuning shop and this is my current plan on making said power. If any suggestions on better mods, i'm all ears

-Hondata
-PRL HV intake
-PRL intake pipe
-PRL downpipe
-PRL intercooler
my honest opinion + suggestion is to start with internals 1st BEFORE going too high.

Nick D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si coupe
Country flag
I would like to say Hi to everyone! This is my official first post since I've joined. I recently bought a 2021 Sonic Grey Pearl Type R. I have no current mods, but I have been in touch with a tuning shop and this is my current plan on making said power. If any suggestions on better mods, i'm all ears

-Hondata
-PRL HV intake
-PRL intake pipe
-PRL downpipe
-PRL intercooler
This is a thread about an SI owner making power. @MSawyer26 has a Type R. he does not need upgraded internals for a tune and the bolt ons he has listed. @MSawyer26 I think you are in the wrong place.

Welcome though!

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea, 400whp is no small thing on Si. You will definitely need built engine, and this is about $6000 at least, not even including labor. I remember there was a youtuber with his Si dyno ed around 360whp, and it cost him over $10000 USD already. Unfortunately for him, his car randomly failed on him for no reason after the complete overhaul, and he had to limp to a shop to fix it.

when I had my Si, I was seriously considering going 400hp with TSP built blocks. I didn't do it. I'm no youtuber, it wasn't worth it for me with all the added risks. Think through before you go down this path

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
before I do any of that...start with my internals?
You are in the wrong thread reading Info on a different car. Please read carefully and don't break your new car

MSawyer26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 civic si sedan & 2021 civic type r
Country flag
This is a thread about an SI owner making power. @MSawyer26 has a Type R. he does not need upgraded internals for a tune and the bolt ons he has listed. @MSawyer26 I think you are in the wrong place.

Welcome though!
OOOH shoot! you're absolutely correct! ::face palm:: I'm not exactly sure how i ended up in the Si forums. However, thank you for pointing that out. I def overlooked that major part! Thanks anyways! =)

Bryans2k

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda S2000 , 2020 Honda Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey all , this Is my first time posting to this forum . Anyways ups just delivered all my parts I ordered but after reading through the forums Iā€™m now hesitant to start modding my car Cause Iā€™m scared itā€™s gonna blow. On the other hand I feel pretty committed now that the parts are sitting in my closet .. so Iā€™m now shifting My focus to upgrading my internals before I do any tuning. From what I understand most motors blow Because of bent connecting rods? so what are my options for connecting rods? Will they affect drive ability whatsoever?

these are the planned mods -AFE catted turboback
- Mishimoto intercooler kit
- Mishimoto Intake
- 27won TIP
- 27won W1
- Type R retrofit clutch
goal = 300whp

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all , this Is my first time posting to this forum . Anyways ups just delivered all my parts I ordered but after reading through the forums Iā€™m now hesitant to start modding my car Cause Iā€™m scared itā€™s gonna blow. On the other hand I feel pretty committed now that the parts are sitting in my closet .. so Iā€™m now shifting My focus to upgrading my internals before I do any tuning. From what I understand most motors blow Because of bent connecting rods? so what are my options for connecting rods? Will they affect drive ability whatsoever?

these are the planned mods -AFE catted turboback
- Mishimoto intercooler kit
- Mishimoto Intake
- 27won TIP
- 27won W1
- Type R retrofit clutch
goal = 300whp
Aren't you missing a very important item?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that was it. In your parts list you didn't mention you had a tuning device.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why is everyone going with the Saenz S series rods. Why not the BC pro H2k? There are many engine building threads going on, I didnā€™t know where to post this. Looks like lots of eyes on this thread ?
Sponsored