OP
OP

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm trying to find a slightly used stock set just like mine. Buy them, powder-coat them black, then swap out and sell mine. I got a bid on some on eBay right now. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

jdogcarroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe ex-t lunar silver
What kind of warranty voiding are we looking at for getting new wheels? I planned on getting 18x8.5 or 9.5 and getting tpms sensors installed. I won't do it if it will completely void my warranty. I have an ex-t coupe with the OEM ex-t wheels that I was thinking I would keep as winter tires. Let me know what you guys think.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of warranty voiding are we looking at for getting new wheels? I planned on getting 18x8.5 or 9.5 and getting tpms sensors installed. I won't do it if it will completely void my warranty. I have an ex-t coupe with the OEM ex-t wheels that I was thinking I would keep as winter tires. Let me know what you guys think.
I kept the 17in tires and just bought new rims.. Personally I like the 17in on the coupe...plus I know they ride well..I thought about 18's but I didn't want to buy new tires also..I want to see more car not more wheel...But hey to each their own.

OP
OP

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No warranty voiding at all. Also, the tpms is indirect....no sensors in the wheels.

jdogcarroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No warranty voiding at all. Also, the tpms is indirect....no sensors in the wheels.
Im a noob at this whole tpms thing. I will have to do some research on what all this stuff means, but basically you are saying I don't have to buy any spare sensors for my new wheels (when I get them)?

OP
OP

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im a noob at this whole tpms thing. I will have to do some research on what all this stuff means, but basically you are saying I don't have to buy any spare sensors for my new wheels (when I get them)?
Correct. The stock wheels have no sensors in them. Honda no longer uses sensors in the wheels.

jdogcarroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct. The stock wheels have no sensors in them. Honda no longer uses sensors in the wheels.
oh well heck yea! What about if I go with a larger wheel? at least in width? I might go with a 17x8 or 17x9 only because they are about $25 cheaper than 18's

OP
OP

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh well heck yea! What about if I go with a larger wheel? at least in width? I might go with a 17x8 or 17x9 only because they are about $25 cheaper than 18's
Those sizes are pretty close to the stock wheels on the upper models anyway, so you'll be good. Just pay a little attention to backspacing.

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda uses the ABS sensors as the TPMS by reading the rotating mass of the wheel/tire. So make sure you reset the TPMS after you install the new set of wheel/tires so it accommodates the new sizing.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
This looks like Island Honda on 37 in Toms River..

Sales guy was a joker. Got all bent out of shape that I wouldn't make a deal on a terrible offer.

Will never consider them again.

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
This looks like Island Honda on 37 in Toms River..

Sales guy was a joker. Got all bent out of shape that I wouldn't make a deal on a terrible offer.

Will never consider them again.
Lolol that sucks. This was just a random pic I found, thankfully not my dealer then!
Sponsored