HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
Trying to avoid e85 guys. Since it’s an hour away from me and I have to buy it in bulk. Plus I don’t know how good of quality it is where I get it. If I can hit 330 with out the e85 I won’t complain
To hit the 300 whp mark without going e85 your going to need FBO's, that includes bigger turbo, DP/MP, exhaust, intake and custom tune. I hope you've been saving up because you are probably looking a $3K to $5K minimum, I'm probably being conservative
Sponsored

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Im right there with you Brother. Currently Cobra CAI Intake. PRL Catted DP. Mishimoto Intercooler and GREDDY exhaust. So basically full bolt on I think other than the front pipe which was out of stock at the time and now I really dont want to fuck with it. I want as much power as I can squeeze out of a car that will last me like 10 years or so.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trying to avoid e85 guys. Since it’s an hour away from me and I have to buy it in bulk. Plus I don’t know how good of quality it is where I get it. If I can hit 330 with out the e85 I won’t complain
If you are talking about wheel horsepower than no way it will happen. You can MAYBE hit 300 without ethanol. Best bet would be to wait for 27won to drop the new W2. Some people barely touch 300whp with the PRL kit or the W1. So the new W2 when it comes out may make more power without ethanol. Read up on 27won blogs I believe that was one of their goals. But I think our stock fuel systems would still make it hard to push that much more over 300whp

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
You're likely to get 300whp ish without e85 with full bolt on. Toss in e85 and 340-350. That's based off of comparing derek robinsons tunes with bolt on kits looking at cars like ours 10th gen from his own post here.

https://www.instagram.com/drobimw/feed/?hl=en

I'm sitting at 300 without a drop in turbo, using e85 everything else bolted on custom tuned by drob. I finished tuning with him today actually.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're likely to get 300whp ish without e85 with full bolt on. Toss in e85 and 340-350. That's based off of comparing derek robinsons tunes with bolt on kits looking at cars like ours 10th gen from his own post here.

https://www.instagram.com/drobimw/feed/?hl=en

I'm sitting at 300 without a drop in turbo, using e85 everything else bolted on custom tuned by drob. I finished tuning with him today actually.
What...

Stock turbo you will be around the 270-280 mark on e85. You arent hitting 300 on a stock turbo.

Most turbo kits on e85 blend are making around the 330-340 mark.

Now for OP, if you trying to hit 330+ on non e85 you need a new car.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
You guys are arguing over a difference of ten. So below you really I mean, come on. Check his post I linked and move on.

His post have 305s 300s 295s 285s

Variances happen who cares.

OP
OP
10thgenSIcoupeBLK

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
Welp should of got the type r. Basically lol. Ehh fuck it I’ll just gut the whole interior and drive around in a tin can ??????? it will basically be a civic hatch ? i would gladly use e85 if it was more available but for some reason I guess garbage ass Connecticut doesn’t believe in the power of e85 they just have 93 every where max.
I just don’t understand why everywhere else has e85 and we don’t. I have to drive an hour away and fill up gas xans in order to do my blend of 10/1

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RV6 and 27won have new bolt on big turbo kits on the way. They both look to be comparable to the Garrett big turbo without needing the custom parts, so true bolt ons. Those should be in the a 300whp area with well over 300 lb/ft torque on 93 octane

I get avoiding e85. It's not always available. I worry about injectors. It's probably confirmation bias, but I notice injector fails with cars pushing limits on e blends

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You guys talking 300/300+ feel comfortable with the stock internals?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys talking 300/300+ feel comfortable with the stock internals?

Limiting torque is a good idea. 300/300 is the upper limit I feel comfortable with on stock si internals.

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Welp should of got the type r. Basically lol. Ehh fuck it I’ll just gut the whole interior and drive around in a tin can ??????? it will basically be a civic hatch ? i would gladly use e85 if it was more available but for some reason I guess garbage ass Connecticut doesn’t believe in the power of e85 they just have 93 every where max.
I just don’t understand why everywhere else has e85 and we don’t. I have to drive an hour away and fill up gas xans in order to do my blend of 10/1
If you are looking for off the line shit fast 0-60 you aint gonna get that in a FWD platform, even with FBO's, bigger turbo and using e85. The torque & power will come on limited to prevent wheel spin, torque steer, and throwing rods & pistons from the side of your block. Where you will see the power is 30 to 80 or 50 to 100. Even a Type R, its not going to be winning many drag races (I think the power band for the Type R is between 3000 and 7000 RPM). With TSP's Stage 1 tune even in Map 3 it hasn't really done much for me from a stop, where it really kicks in and makes a difference is after 3rd gear

OP
OP
10thgenSIcoupeBLK

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
No lol guys. Now I’m seeing what you’re saying, I don’t want 300 whp and 380 torque lmao. I want my power band to be like 270-280 torque and 330-350 horse. I want a smooth gradual power band, if I have to buy a turbo kit. Then I will. Not gonna go buy another car. I like the way the 10th gens look that’s why I got another
Honda over my other choice which was a Ford Focus st. I don’t care for launching the car. That’s why I kept it fwd, as stupid as it sounds. I like burning 1st and second. Spinning isn’t winning but for some reason it gives me a rush. That’s why I kept getting front wheel drive cars lmao. I like torque steer. Something about trying to keep the car on the road is just satisfying lol. I’ve had rear wheel drive cars and all wheel drive audis. I like front wheel even if it’s the worst of them all, I want a nice pulling 3rd gear lol, and my first gear to just keep on spinning and going “ errrrrrrrehhhttttt!!!!!” I test drove the type r. And I liked its power band a little better. I didn’t go through with it because I think it cost way too much for a fwd platform, and I didn’t want a 4 door. Plus the si got better gas mileage. Not shitting on type r’s clearly it’s the bread winner here. But the coupe just .... makes me poop. Ya know? But yeah anyways. My goal here is to have a better power band that’s more idk usable ? Like I stated before I hate that the car slumps down after 5500 rpms.

does anyone have an opinion on the pherable tune compared to tsp? who ever can tell me which they prefer would really make me smile like a pigeon getting a McDonald’s French fry from the edge ofa sewer grate :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No lol guys. Now I’m seeing what you’re saying, I don’t want 300 whp and 380 torque lmao. I want my power band to be like 270-280 torque and 330-350 horse. I want a smooth gradual power band, if I have to buy a turbo kit. Then I will. Not gonna go buy another car. I like the way the 10th gens look that’s why I got another
Honda over my other choice which was a Ford Focus st. I don’t care for launching the car. That’s why I kept it fwd, as stupid as it sounds. I like burning 1st and second. Spinning isn’t winning but for some reason it gives me a rush. That’s why I kept getting front wheel drive cars lmao. I like torque steer. Something about trying to keep the car on the road is just satisfying lol. I’ve had rear wheel drive cars and all wheel drive audis. I like front wheel even if it’s the worst of them all, I want a nice pulling 3rd gear lol, and my first gear to just keep on spinning and going “ errrrrrrrehhhttttt!!!!!” I test drove the type r. And I liked its power band a little better. I didn’t go through with it because I think it cost way too much for a fwd platform, and I didn’t want a 4 door. Plus the si got better gas mileage. Not shitting on type r’s clearly it’s the bread winner here. But the coupe just .... makes me poop. Ya know? But yeah anyways. My goal here is to have a better power band that’s more idk usable ? Like I stated before I hate that the car slumps down after 5500 rpms.

does anyone have an opinion on the pherable tune compared to tsp? who ever can tell me which they prefer would really make me smile like a pigeon getting a McDonald’s French fry from the edge ofa sewer grate :)
Are you trying to achieve that crank or to the wheels? Lets assume 330-350 hp to the crank for this discussion. That would roughly be in the low 300's to the wheels. The only way to achieve that would be full bolt-on's which I mentioned plus bigger turbo, cluth and e85 as well a custom tune. Searching this forum, the closest I've seen someone on 93 octane get is around 260-270 whp. Let me ask this: how much are you willing to spend (both time & money) and do you have a budget? My rough estimate is over $5000. And that is if you are doing the install yourself.

If I were you I would put together a plan. How much your willing to spend, and how much time you are willing to put into this. There are some threads on this forum that are very helpful, and you can get an idea of what this all entails.

I've been doing this kind of shit for almost 30 years, and it's not easy, and it can suck up all your time and income. It can also create a sinkhole that will suck you in. If finances and time are not an issue, than research is your best friend before doing anything
Sponsored