32k miles and no clutch slip!

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I've been running hondata +9psi with Injen CAI for a long time now and still haven't had 1 slip. Even after 32k miles and I run my car hard at least once every day. I wonder what the difference is between the people who do have clutch slip after 10k miles and not 1 time has mine slipped after 32k? If anyone can school me up on that, I'd appreciate the lesson.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What would you say the prevalence of clutch slipping is with KTuner? I know other modifications could factor in as well, but if you could put a % on the people with KTuner that experience clutch slipping, what would it be?
Also, are you consciously restrictive of certain driving tendencies? (ie. little to no boost use in low RPMs)
I do 2nd gear 20 rolls all the time with anti-lag and still never had a slip. Instant 21 psi on a stock clutch and still no slip.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Driving technique has a lot to do with it. I have over 31k (kms) just tuned last week, zero issues. But I keep clutch engagement to minimal slip. If anything this technique makes the clutch grab more. No full throttle exploits in 5th or 6th, etc. Drive the car with respect and slippage should not be an issue.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
1 year and 21,000 miles. I've been Vit Stage 1 since the first week having my car. I run in sport mode exclusively and frequently hit 24-25 psi. Still stock clutch with no slip. I was going to get the spec SMF and clutch, but I'm waiting for them to figure out the bugs.

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Please update every 1,000 miles.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I think a LOT of people punch it in 5th or 6th instead of down shifting. I have read a lot of interesting manual driving patterns on these forums. I think my down pipe is starting slippage in my clutch but it is minimal at the moment. 3rd gear still holds pretty damn strong. I will say, I am ready for an upgraded clutch. Stock is too soft. It just doesn't grab like I want it to.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
I'm experiencing clutch slip, but I have gassed it a few times in 5th and 6th. I'm running ktuner with tsp stage 1 tune, prl catless dp v2 and prl cobra Cai. I only have 5k on the car. I know I messed up a few times going wot in low rpm in 5th and 6th. But it was just to maneuver in traffic and still think the stock clutch should hold up. But hey lessons learned.

I will be in the market for a better clutch though.

finch_first

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
110000 Kms stock clutch
Full bolt 27won bolts ons. No issues as long as my wtq is under 310.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™ve been runnng the 19/23 base map for a while and Iā€™ve had no slip issues with the stock clutch either. But like others, I donā€™t bog the engine or beat the piss out of it. If you want to drive your car hard, there is a right and wrong way to do it. Simple as that.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
Don't get me wrong though, I really only beat the shit out of it once. It was for an emergency. The only time when I slip is if I give it wot in low rpms. Other then that, it's perfect.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because I've never driven a tuned car (but am hoping to change that very soon), could you layout what would be some right vs wrong ways to drive hard? I've driven stick for 10 years now so I know how to drive, but the more info I can get on how to drive with the KTuner from people who have experience to improve the longevity of clutch/engine the better.
I just avoid dumping the clutch and heavy throttle at low rpms. Thatā€™s about it. Rolling starts and shifting closer to redline when on it will be your clutch savior.
Sponsored