30k maintenance coming up. Dealership or not?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Me either... though the only warranty repair I had was getting a 3x drain and fill of the ATF in the Odyssey done. They asked if I had it done and I told them had when it popped on the MM around 30k miles and offered to show them the invoice where I bought a case of 12 qts of fluid and a 5 pack of crush washers. They declined.
they declined warranty even though you provided them the receipts?
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Naw. I meant they declined my offer to show them the receipts. Poor wording on my part.
If you have a good relationship with your dealer and they checked the ATF before providing warranty service, then that makes sense. They could likely tell if you were lying or not just based on those facts alone. If the fluid looked like shit then they probably could have denied it based on those claims.

Yeah, I keep a record of my own maintenance but I've never had them ask during warranty repairs.
I have had the same luck as well. The one dealer I go to is more relaxed and will provide warranty claims no problem without having to provide proof of my DIY maintenance. The same dealer that tuned my car, so I mean I guess that says something. Unless you full on neglected your car, but they could easily tell what cars are maintained in comparison to those that change their oil every 30,000 km.
Sponsored