300whp on cvt civic?

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I've heard from a mechanic that the touring SEDAN have the exact same rod's as the si, however I can't confirm 100% if that true, but it seems like it is because they're are guys from Pakistan and Thailand and Brazil witj the sedan touring running around with 310whp and 314wtq and they're fine
Oh I see. No wonder there was a Brazilian guy who was asking the same thing for his sedan.
Sponsored

Nazeem

Banned
Banned
First Name
Nazeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
Oh I see. No wonder there was a Brazilian guy who was asking the same thing for his sedan.
Yes the touring sedan internals is stronger Iv heard

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It

Unfortunately for u, u have a hatchback , the honda civic touring SEDAN has stronger rods and pistons than the honda sport touring hatchback from what I've been told and reading, and It might be true because all the guys whose pushing 300whp or more and haven't blown up yet are SEDAN,s , where as same power on hatchback seems to have a higher rate of problems.
So the sedans in general have stronger internals over a hatchback in general? I wonder why that is? Does it vary from body style (coupe and sedan vs hatchback - non Si) or by trim level (I've already heard the Sport Hatchbacks are weaker)?

Nazeem

Banned
Banned
First Name
Nazeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
So the sedans in general have stronger internals over a hatchback in general? I wonder why that is? Does it vary from body style (coupe and sedan vs hatchback - non Si) or by trim level (I've already heard the Sport Hatchbacks are weaker)?
I'm not sure about all sedan, but the touring sedan have stronger 100%

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Sedans and Coupes also have the 2.0 non turbo. As long as we are talking about the 1.5t coupes and sedans then yes they have stronger rods than the hatchbacks with 1.5t

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
According to his Instagram, he's pushing 31psi of boost currently. The video says he's running at 260bhp and 240tq, but he's definitely got more power now. Either way, great example of what our Civic's can be capable of!
31psi on a cvt hatch? Ktuner didn't even have 4bar sensor support for cvt ecus until fairly recently...

Not to mention 31psi on a w1 is outside its reliability window. Even 27won states to not exceed 28psi.

Based on how much boost I run on my setup, until I see actual data logs of that I will call BS.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
31psi on a cvt hatch? Ktuner didn't even have 4bar sensor support for cvt ecus until fairly recently...

Not to mention 31psi on a w1 is outside its reliability window. Even 27won states to not exceed 28psi.

Based on how much boost I run on my setup, until I see actual data logs of that I will call BS.
They actually changed it to 27 psi now after someone had their w1 fail at 28 psi lol. Have you seen the 4 bar support for the non Si yet? I checked mine and I don’t see it

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Have you seen the 4 bar support for the non Si yet? I checked mine and I don’t see it
George, did you look at the Quick Enables?

Honda Civic 10th gen 300whp on cvt civic? Screenshot 2021-08-01 132321

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's not available for all cvt ecu's according to email from ktuner
Oh, I knew that, I just posted the pic posted to show where the option is located on supported ECU's. :thumbsup:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nazeem, please post your observations on the datalog.

I usually would check it for Sall but don't have computer access today.
Sponsored