SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
So it has 3 levels in a TSP stage 1? Is 3 the one people are putting down around 240hp 280tq? They say the car has around 19-20psi stick.. My gauge hasn't gone past 16 yet though.
Only hitting 16 psi is normal for a stock car. It will only go past that if your not in ideal conditions such as extra weight in the car.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag

182whp / 206tq - Factory Calibration
208whp / 258tq - KTuner Starter 23psi
237whp / 281tq - TSP Stage 1 Tune

All testing was completed on a stock 2017 Civic Si running 93 octane fuel. Tune features include:

• Numerous fuel, ignition, turbo response, throttle response changes.
  • WOT shifting enabled.
  • Adjustable launch control enabled.
  • "Rev hang" disabled with standard throttle padding. (the end user can enable "rev hang", if desired)
  • All disables / monitors are able to be adjusted by the end user.
  • Quick Boost By Gear is able to be adjusted by the end user.
  • On-the-fly boost map switching active for normal and "Sport" modes. (see below)
Map 1: Factory boost levels and turbocharger response.
Map 2: 19psi normal, 21psi "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II
Map 3: 19psi normal, custom boost level "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II

Map 3 says "custom boost level" in sport mode. So we don't know how many psi it's being raised to? Also, does the base map tend to hit a full 19psi vs stock? As noted, I'm only seeing around 16psi.

Last edited:

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

182whp / 206tq - Factory Calibration
208whp / 258tq - KTuner Starter 23psi
237whp / 281tq - TSP Stage 1 Tune

All testing was completed on a stock 2017 Civic Si running 93 octane fuel. Tune features include:

• Numerous fuel, ignition, turbo response, throttle response changes.
  • WOT shifting enabled.
  • Adjustable launch control enabled.
  • "Rev hang" disabled with standard throttle padding. (the end user can enable "rev hang", if desired)
  • All disables / monitors are able to be adjusted by the end user.
  • Quick Boost By Gear is able to be adjusted by the end user.
  • On-the-fly boost map switching active for normal and "Sport" modes. (see below)
Map 1: Factory boost levels and turbocharger response.
Map 2: 19psi normal, 21psi "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II
Map 3: 19psi normal, custom boost level "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II

Map 3 says "custom boost level" in sport mode. So we don't know how many psi it's being raised to? Also, does the base map tend to hit a full 19psi vs stock? As noted, I'm only seeing around 16psi.
I'm on TSP Stage 1, on MAP 3 sport mode, I'm getting to 24 psi pretty easily. Think highest I got was 25 at some point, but 23-24 is what you get. Also, the base map, do you mean MAP 1? MAP 1 is the same as stock so you don't go any higher than 16-17 psi.

Edit : Also note that boost can vary depending on the conditions outside, the fuel you have in the car, knock control etc.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I'm on TSP Stage 1, on MAP 3 sport mode, I'm getting to 24 psi pretty easily. Think highest I got was 25 at some point, but 23-24 is what you get. Also, the base map, do you mean MAP 1? MAP 1 is the same as stock so you don't go any higher than 16-17 psi.

Edit : Also note that boost can vary depending on the conditions outside, the fuel you have in the car, knock control etc.
Cool thanks for the info bro! I'm thinking of ordering this bad boy

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Don’t do it. Appreciate the car for what it is. It’s capable of crazy numbers, but ffs it’s a 1.5L

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don’t do it. Appreciate the car for what it is. It’s capable of crazy numbers, but ffs it’s a 1.5L
The car should be able to handle the base and map 2 without any issues. Level 3 is little bit of a grey area though. You wouldn't want to run this map on a regular basis. At least not without a stronger clutch

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The car should be able to handle the base and map 2 without any issues. Level 3 is little bit of a grey area though. You wouldn't want to run this map on a regular basis. At least not without a stronger clutch
100% what you just said. I leave the car on MAP 2 for the sake of not destroying the clutch. I say go for it and order a KTuner, it's a night and day difference VS stock and the car doesn't feel lame anymore. Just don't push it too much and the clutch will last and don't daily it on MAP 3.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
100% what you just said. I leave the car on MAP 2 for the sake of not destroying the clutch. I say go for it and order a KTuner, it's a night and day difference VS stock and the car doesn't feel lame anymore. Just don't push it too much and the clutch will last and don't daily it on MAP 3.
Thanks for your take on it bro :thumbsup: I wouldn't say the car is lame.. It just should've had a little more power in stock form. The ktuner seems to bridge the gap :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited: