300hp si reliability?

Sivic17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 570 S, 12 C63 AMG, 16 M2, 17 Civic Si, 95 E36 M3, and 18 ZL11LE OTW
Here's one with 27 pounds of boost

e0AW6h.jpg yoHsK6.jpg
Was this an Si or a regular Civic? What tune was this running? There are OTS tunes out there now that pushing those levels of boost.
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
The car has 10:3:1 compression. Isn't that a bit high for a lot of boost? I don't know.. Just asking

Last edited:

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For that kind of power you’re probably better off swapping in the 2.0t. It will be Interesting to see if that ever starts happing a few years down the road when a used 10th can be picked up cheaply.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The car has 10:3:1 compression. Isn't that a bit high for a lot of boost? I don't know.. Just asking
direct injection allows more boost, but we run really low timing

jbuttke1179

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Anything is possible with enough money. Your going to need a tuner, tuning time, turbo, internals and a clutch to start. That's a few thousand right there. Who knows what else can or can't handle that much power or becomes a limiting factor. If it's done right and it's reliable it won't be cheap. I am running a ktuner with the tsp stage 1 map and it transformed the car. Much more fun to drive. I didn't buy the car to blow the doors off camaros and it will take alot to get there. If you want lots of power it's cheaper to pay the cost up front and retain a warranty. I do respect the people that push the envelope but you better be ready to spend some money if you want to do that.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Anything is possible with enough money. Your going to need a tuner, tuning time, turbo, internals and a clutch to start. That's a few thousand right there. Who knows what else can or can't handle that much power or becomes a limiting factor. If it's done right and it's reliable it won't be cheap. I am running a ktuner with the tsp stage 1 map and it transformed the car. Much more fun to drive. I didn't buy the car to blow the doors off camaros and it will take alot to get there. If you want lots of power it's cheaper to pay the cost up front and retain a warranty. I do respect the people that push the envelope but you better be ready to spend some money if you want to do that.
Any issues with your stock clutch on this tune? It looks like TSP stage 1 of the most popular right now. For beginners or daily drivers at least.

jbuttke1179

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Any issues with your stock clutch on this tune? It looks like TSP stage 1 of the most popular right now. For beginners or daily drivers at least.
Not as of now, only been a few thousand miles but no signs so far. I'm running the level 2 map. Decided to stay away from level 3 for now as it's my daily. I don't beat on it often and I was only looking for a little more performance and a better driving experience from stock. On occasion when I want a little more I flip on sport mode. I wanted to keep reliability so I made a relatively safe decision that a 25% boost in power would be my limit. That also seems to be about where most people experience clutch slip but there have been people running the level 3 map and they seem fine. As a side note I did run the ktuner maps for a few weeks to see how I liked them. I much prefer the TSP maps, the mapping on them makes the car seem better in the lower rpms where I spend alot of my time. I did seem a negligible difference in fuel trims with the tsp map being slightly higher than ktuner but still well within spec. Ktuner kept them pretty much a 0-5 on stft and ltft but with tsp I see 0-8 and 0-5 at idle and knock control with ktuner was at .49 almost all the time and tsp will move around more but never seen higher than .60 and it settles once driving normal.

Last edited:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not as of now, only been a few thousand miles but no signs so far. I'm running the level 2 map. Decided to stay away from level 3 for now as it's my daily. I don't beat on it often and I was only looking for a little more performance and a better driving experience from stock. On occasion when I want a little more I flip on sport mode. I wanted to keep reliability so I made a relatively safe decision that a 25% boost in power would be my limit. That also seems to be about where most people experience clutch slip but there have been people running the level 3 map and they seem fine.
So it has 3 levels in a TSP stage 1? Is 3 the one people are putting down around 240hp 280tq? They say the car has around 19-20psi stick.. My gauge hasn't gone past 16 yet though.
Sponsored