Dario1017

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
So before I got an intake I was using Pherables 1.5 Race tune on my completely stock civic si and I was pushing around 23-24 psi and it was hauling the power was amazing, about 2 days ago I got PRL’s cobra cold air intake and I wanted to see if it would boost the performance on the tune, I was hitting 30-31 psi on a stock turbo which was a little scary but I was more scared of the fact my car wasn’t accelerating when I’d get those high numbers, it would like limp a little and not go fast like it’s supposed to ?, does anyone know what caused this? I don’t think I blew my turbo because I switched to the stage 2 and 3 ktuner tunes and it works great, hitting 22-24 psi and giving me lots of your torque. I’ve even tried low boost on the race tune and it still hits high numbers and starts limping. Is my turbo over boosting or?!
Sponsored

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
You have to buy the maf conversion from phearable to run the cold air intake even if its a street maf. If you look at the maf sizes when you buy the tune it has quite a few different options with stock being one of them and PRL street and race being others. So even though the stock maf from the stock intake and prl street maf are the same, the tuning is a little different. That or you have a massive boost leak somewhere.

OP
OP
Dario1017

Dario1017

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
You have to buy the maf conversion from phearable to run the cold air intake even if its a street maf. If you look at the maf sizes when you buy the tune it has quite a few different options with stock being one of them and PRL street and race being others. So even though the stock maf from the stock intake and prl street maf are the same, the tuning is a little different. That or you have a massive boost leak somewhere.
When I ordered the tune I ordered it in the race maf, same as my intake it’s the PRL race one, and if I had a boost leak where would I check or how would I know? I’m sure we got all the clamps tight.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
How long were you running a tune designed for a race MAF with your stock street MAF setup?

OP
OP
Dario1017

Dario1017

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Okay so never mind I checked and I did order the street maf housing for the tune so that’s why my car isn’t running like it’s supposed to? Thanks though you where very helpful!

OP
OP
Dario1017

Dario1017

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
How long were you running a tune designed for a race MAF with your stock street MAF setup?
I was running the street race maf with my stock maf ? and now I was running the street race tune calibrated for the street maf on my race intake. But to answer the question like 2-3 months? But it was both street

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With the wrong MAF scaling you will totally fuck up fuel trims which can cause many potential issues long term.

A couple things.

1. Add your car to the community tuning thread I run.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

2. After doing that run a datalog on your car. Do a couple pulls and about 15 minutes of driving. Post that here in a .zip file and I'll check it out.

By the way, you wouldn't have a boost leak if you were overshooting your boost targets.

Also when you were "limping" did you throw a code?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dario1017

Dario1017

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
With the wrong MAF scaling you will totally fuck up fuel trims which can cause many potential issues long term.

A couple things.

1. Add your car to the community tuning thread I run.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

2. After doing that run a datalog on your car. Do a couple pulls and about 15 minutes of driving. Post that here in a .zip file and I'll check it out.

By the way, you wouldn't have a boost leak if you were overshooting your boost targets.

Also when you were "limping" did you throw a code?
I see, and I will thanks, and It’s pretty late here can I’ll try tomorrow, and true that makes sense I’m stupid lmao

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
the stock ecu is unable to "read" the boost stated by OP & not a good idea to boost that high on a stock turbo but it'll be only momentarily as the turbo is too small & runs out of breath.
23-24 "peak" then it will come back down at the higher end of the rpm range.
Sponsored