CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
you might have to keep track of it because if warranty is called upon that can be a way to negate the claim
That would be nice here too. But if they see that an oil change/vehicle check is missing, done too late (either distance or time), or done only partially, then the warranty will be voided. Not just by Honda, but every single make in Europe.
Sponsored

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not here. I haven't been to any service shop with my civic yet, and I'm not planning on it anytime soon for maintenance. My official service record is blank since the car purchased.

The first record could be fixing the AC on warranty soon.
I see. I hope my AC breaks before the car is 3years old otherwise only partial repair costs are covered by warranty in years 4 and 5, and after that nothing. I don’t find it fair sine in many other EU countries Honda gives 5 years full warranty. Here you can extend it with 2 years of partial warranty. Only Kia has 7 years of full warranty but you have to take to car to Kia (or any shop that can do the mainanence, and after that go to Kia and let the it enter in the only system) for 7 years. Thats a lot of money.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
30,000 sounds a little low to be changing the transmission fluid already. I have no idea though I have a manual transmission, I know manual transmissions go a lot longer with the fluid.
Manual tranny fluids should be changed around 30,000 miles on average.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I always go to my small town mechanic for "big "mechanic job . I know the owner, he do a very good job, he show me everything it need to be done ( if I want ) .
And........he his cheaper than the dealer.

Engin oil and all filers , by myself

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
I see. I hope my AC breaks before the car is 3years old otherwise only partial repair costs are covered by warranty in years 4 and 5, and after that nothing. I don’t find it fair sine in many other EU countries Honda gives 5 years full warranty. Here you can extend it with 2 years of partial warranty. Only Kia has 7 years of full warranty but you have to take to car to Kia (or any shop that can do the mainanence, and after that go to Kia and let the it enter in the only system) for 7 years. Thats a lot of money.
and not only that,but you are dring a kia.no thanks.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I wonder if in Europe they tell you the total real cost of dealer maintenance when you buy a car.... That would be somewhat discouraging. I also wonder if they cancel warranty if you refuse $70 AC filter changes...:hmm: Which are built-in the xx,000 km services price.
I guess the psitive effect is that this robust stream of money lets them maintain better staff, maybe. If the taxes don't eat all the profit. I have impression like European service shops are richer and everyone is dressed in nice uniforms.:cool:

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder if in Europe they tell you the total real cost of dealer maintenance when you buy a car.... That would be somewhat discouraging. I also wonder if they cancel warranty if you refuse $70 AC filter changes...:hmm: Which are built-in the xx,000 km services price.
I guess the psitive effect is that this robust stream of money lets them maintain better staff, maybe. If the taxes don't eat all the profit. I have impression like European service shops are richer and everyone is dressed in nice uniforms.:cool:
They tell you the maintenance costs if you ask. So.... yeah, you better ask. I actually asked multiple dealers (Kia, Honda, Toyota also wanted to ask Ford but I didn't like the interior of the car). It's also dealer dependent. On Saturday my car had an oil change (5w30 Shell ACEA C2 Oil, and I'm fine with it. I'm not a big fan of 0w20 oils) and i paid 118Euros by a Honda dealer which is actually pretty cheap.

When I asked by Kia they told me it costs about 140 Euros for an oil change and required is about every 20.000kms, but I assume it depends on the usage. They told me 20.000km for my civic too, but it wanted an oil change after 13.000 km. I'm completely fine with it. 13t is much more OK-ish than the fix 20.000, which is still better than BMWs crazy 30.000 km oil change iterval in Europe even with the so-called "long-life" oils.

"I guess the psitive effect is that this robust stream of money lets them maintain better staff, maybe."
Premium brands (BMW, Merc, Audi) have nicer workshops, but you have to pay the price. A colleague of mine had to replace the battery in his 1-er BMW (with engine idle Stop/Start system, like the EU Civics) in his 2 years old car, and since BMW doesn't give warranty on the battery he had to pay 300+ Euros!!! For a battery replacement.
On the other hand Honda dealers have the the dirtiest workshops of them all. At least what I saw didn't look clean, and I saw multiple over the years. I don't really care about such stuff, but when the mechanic arrived with dirty ugly ass plastic pitcher with coolant in it and filld my car up out of it my heart almost stopped. ?However it was dirty only from the outside... I hope.
My wife's brother made his practice (a few months) in an official Ford workshop in Hungary and he told me what he saw there: a complete mess. Some mechanics stole and sold the original Ford oil and when the customers came with their 1/2/3 years old cars they either didn't replace the enige oil or they bought the chepest shitty oil (those are usually mineral oil based) they found in the nearest shop an put that in the customer's cars, for the full price of course. But that was in Hungary and was an extreme case. Howevery that wasn't the only strange story I heard.

"I also wonder if they cancel warranty if you refuse $70 AC filter changes..." They wouldn't like it.

"I have impression like European service shops are richer and everyone is dressed in nice uniforms." Like I mentioned above it depends on the country/brand/dealer/person, and sure they have uniforms, just some of them wear dirty ones. :D

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
and not only that,but you are dring a kia.no thanks.
Is there someting wrong with Kia?
A testdrove a Kia Ceed 1.4 Turbo (Dual Clutch Automatic) before buying my civic (Kia was on the list too), but actually I can't say anything really bad about it. The sound system was much-much betten then the "Preium Sound" in my civic, no rattling at all, better Multimedia system and MUCH better seat material. And it was also cheper than the civic. At the and however I bought the civic because... you know 140 PS vs 182 PS, plus the manual trans of the civic is better than the manual trans of the Ceed (the DTC was slow) and the suspension in the civic is also superior, and the civic looks way cooler. But that's just me. If someone dosen't care much about "driving feeling" and build quality and material quality is more important then I can understand if someone chooses a Ceed over a Civic, at least here.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
A testdrove a Kia Ceed 1.4 Turbo (Dual Clutch Automatic) before buying my civic (Kia was on the list too), but actually I can't say anything really bad about it. The sound system was much-much betten then the "Preium Sound" in my civic, no rattling at all, better Multimedia system and MUCH better seat material. And it was also cheper than the civic. At the and however I bought the civic because... you know 140 PS vs 182 PS, plus the manual trans of the civic is better than the manual trans of the Ceed (the DTC was slow) and the suspension in the civic is also superior, and the civic looks way cooler. But that's just me. If someone dosen't care much about "driving feeling" and build quality and material quality is more important then I can understand if someone chooses a Ceed over a Civic, at least here.

Kia and Hyundia are trash. Will never buy one.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
i am fairly sure they have improved in quality from the old models,but they did have a sketchy reputation.i didnt even look at kias before buying my civic,which shares the driveway with my sons 1993 civic del sol.that car has been in 3 wrecks,rebuilt,reupholstered and been through 2 trans rebuilds,but it still looks and drives as new with over 300,000 miles on the motor.other than oil changes/timing belts and a couple of valve cover gaskets the motor needed nothing.if the new one performs as well it will probably be the last car i will need unless you count the hearse to drop me into the ground.

jerost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan Lunar Silver
Country flag
These are lube tech services. They're about as qualified to work on your car as the people working at mcdonalds down the street. And trust me, they don’t care about your car as much as you care about your car. You’d be surprised how often kids at dealerships make engine-destroying mistakes when doing simple oil changes.
Many years ago, it was time to change oil + filter on my 1990 Civic. But it was winter and there was snow and ice on the street where I always did the changes. Miraculously a coupon arrived from the Honda dealer offering an oil + filter change for a great price. The afternoon after I had the work done, I checked the oil level and it was a full inch OVER the full line. Took it back the next day. They took it in the shop and shortly brought it back. They did not even apologize. I checked the level later and it was right on the full mark. Moral of the story: SDAlexander8 is totally right. They don't care about your car as much as you care about your car. Some tech probably does 10+ boring oil changes a day and is day-dreaming about whatever. You do one every few months and totally concentrate on your own car!

JayDee

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT & 1995 Honda Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
I got recommneded the 30,000 milestone maintenance at a Honda Dealership the other day, and was a little shocked with the price. I’m curious to see the rates that other people paid. Basically included on top of the Minder B oil change and tire rotation, and engine/ac filter replacement (already at about $227) was:

CVT Transmission Fluid drain/fill - $154.35 ($73.35 parts, $81 labor)
Fuel Induction System Clean - $159.34 ($51.39 parts, $107.95 labor)

Does this seem like a fair cost? It might just seem high to me since I knocked everything out at once. I typically trust Honda Service depts pretty well. Thanks for any input!
What about for the manual guys ?
FK7 1.5T M/T
Sponsored