saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
How do you nervous people survive with all this tension and anger without a heat attack? Must be very young, but that's a temporary condition, trust me.

Granted I live in a laid back place, but I never get angry on the road. I never get "cut off" because I never let anyone cut me off or sneak up on me. I treat all other cars as just cars driven by simple but buggy code, not persons. They are all out to kill me and it is just the nature of driving to go around them. How can you get angry at things in your way? They are there for fun.

Maybe that's because I learned to drive by playing the Pole Position game on Commodore 64. (This was a "computer" from back in the last century).
Driving makes me happy. This is what driving is to me:

I had the same thing back in 1984 I was 16 years old that was a fun computer
Sponsored

c1vic

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 EX
Country flag
1) People who cut other people off
2) 18 Wheelers in the left lane (WHY)
3) People going slow in the left lane - There's no cars in front of you and you're going like 70 in the left lane when the speed limit is 70, MOVE OVER!
4) People who don't use their signals - Even cops don't use their signals here in GA like... Y'all are supposed to set the example, how do you expect citizens to follow the law when y'all don't even follow the law?
5) People who swerve in and out of their lane - Get off your phone and focus on driving
6) People who brake FOR NO REASON - No cars in front of them, they're not even speeding, and they decide to brake constantly
7) People who pull out/turn in front of me - I always have to slam on my brakes because these idiots decide that they're so important it doesn't matter if a car is approaching

Did I mention people that don't use their signals? It must be an option on cars nowadays...
yup. even the sign says NO TRUCKS LEFT LANE and they still drive on the left lane :banghead:

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Oh you mean like this..
CameraZOOM-20190320134353568.jpg

I live in a very rural area, and here are the 3 things I see regularly that drive me nuts.

1. People driving whatever speed they feel like (usually under the speed limit). There's a stretch of road I travel regularly, where the speed limit is 55 most of the way, with a small 45 area in the middle. 9 times out of 10 when travelling this road, people in front of me do 52-53 for the first section of 55, then continue through the 45 doing the same speed, and then still continue through the rest of the 55 again doing the same speed.

2. On a road with more than 2 lanes in the same direction, people who speed up to get in front of me, only to immediately make a right turn in front of me forcing me to slow down. Especially when there is no traffic at all behind me.

3. People who forgo right-of-way to be "nice" to other drivers. For example, I've seen on several occations where a car will be making a turn in front of me causing others to stop. The car turns, and then the car behind them sits there and waves out someone from a side street. I've even had the person in front of me come to a complete stop to make a left turn, and while I'm waiting behind them they sit and let someone first pull out in front of them travelling the same direction as me and then proceed to make their turn. Drives me nuts, there are right-of-way rules for a reason!
I’m legit considering buying and keeping an orange cone in my car that I can throw I the spot next to me so ppl don’t park next to me

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m legit considering buying and keeping an orange cone in my car that I can throw I the spot next to me so ppl don’t park next to me
I’ve thought about that too but people will move them just to piss you off or drive into them

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
Only 3 things? :confused:
1. LEFT LANE LEMMINGS. They immediately get in the center lane, even when turning right onto a 3 lane highway, and then go at or below posted speed limit. Sometimes there is a pack of them. Many times I just get in the right (outside) lane, even going the speed limit can pass dozens of them.
2. When 3 lanes merge into 2 lanes after a traffic light.
a. When I'm in the center lane, I expect the driver in the right lane to want to drag race to the merge, every time.
b. When the pack arrives at the merge, someone in the center lane gets all timid, and screws up the flow.
c. When I'm-in-a-hurry-more-than-you tries to squeeze by numerous (b) in the right lane.
d. Too many don't know the concept of zipper-merge, especially at crash scenes.
3. Miss a proper handbrake, the electronic switch that applies all wheels is no fun when you need to drift a corner. :(
Extra credit: ROUNDABOUTS. :spaz:

Honda Civic 10th gen 3 things I hate when driving... IMG_0973

bumbobee

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX CVT
Country flag
1. Poorly educated drivers on the road and just generally people with no natural ability to pilot a vehicle on the road with common sense.

2. Cops and revenue collection speed enforcement.

3. Traffic.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I swear I can't go out one day without seeing some idiot on the road. These jerks who just blatantly run red lights are just pissing me off left and right!

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My favorite is the people that blow by you on a one lane road with double yellows. No shits to give, just cross right over. I just don't understand this. The one road it happens a lot I'm already doing like 38 in a 30...

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
1. When I see this ahead:

Honda Civic 10th gen 3 things I hate when driving... lKykBASXznNSMU94hAC16AdsMqEVuSU-Tu0AEWWgrr8YPEq44niQBpriI2Alg?width=271&height=186&cropmode=none

2. School zones
3. People who expect you to waste a little of your time so they can save a little of theirs.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My favorite is the people that blow by you on a one lane road with double yellows. No shits to give, just cross right over. I just don't understand this. The one road it happens a lot I'm already doing like 38 in a 30...
And when they do it usually a half a mile or so they’ll be passing lines :doh:

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
  1. People who tailgate when I'm already speeding. If we're in town we will start going slower than the speed limit, if we're on the interstate pick another freaking lane!
  2. People who change lanes every other car. Not only is your insanity giving me anxiety, you're going to get to your destination maybe 5 seconds sooner if you don't die or kill someone else in the process.
  3. Slow people in the fast lane. MOVE OVER.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Here's another that I see a lot suddenly lately. People who leave 2-3 car lengths between themselves and the car in front of them when stopped at a light. I do not get this, and I see it every day all of a sudden in the last year or so. It causes long backups, causes people to miss being able to get into a left turn lane to make a green arrow, etc. Why do people do this???

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My latest gripe:

You're rolling at a decent clip. You're lane somehow clears and there's a couple of car/trucks on your right. You're just about to pass these cars and then the one car in the back decides to pull into your lane at the last possible moment and then drives like a sloth.

Not sure if that makes sense but basically you get cut off at the last possible moment and then proceeds to drive slow af.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And when they do it usually a half a mile or so they’ll be passing lines :doh:
The road this happens on is like a half mile long too man, like seriously just wait 2 whole minutes and cross the dashed yellow on the road it comes out to and pass me...

Here's another that I see a lot suddenly lately. People who leave 2-3 car lengths between themselves and the car in front of them when stopped at a light. I do not get this, and I see it every day all of a sudden in the last year or so. It causes long backups, causes people to miss being able to get into a left turn lane to make a green arrow, etc. Why do people do this???
To prevent some idiot slamming into the back of you coming up to an ALREADY RED LIGHT (I have watched this happen, dumbfounded) and then sending your car into the person in front of you. However, I do not leave that much room, maybe just a car length. Either way, I hate people who sit right behind your ass at a red light because the same situation is possible but you will be the one hit by the "sandwich" car. With the way people are becoming dumber by the day, I would understand why you have seen more of this lately.

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
1.) People who drive in the left lane.......forever, and it's even better when I move to the right lane and that's when they decide to finally change lanes even though no one has been in that lane for eleventy miles.

2.) People who flick cigarettes out their windows.

3.) My wife sitting in the passenger seat and then stomping on the floor because she forgot she doesn't actually have a brake pedal over there, when she thinks I should be slowing down.

3.) That semi truck who decides just as I am about to go by him in the left lane, now would be a good time to pass the semi in front of him and it takes him eleventy miles to make the pass and move back over.

3.) The driver that zips by in the left lane, then slows down and gets beside me to look the Type R over as we are approching traffic in the right lane so I'm boxed in.

See, only 3, I played by the rules :)
Sponsored