Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
1) People who cut other people off
2) 18 Wheelers in the left lane (WHY)
3) People going slow in the left lane - There's no cars in front of you and you're going like 70 in the left lane when the speed limit is 70, MOVE OVER!
4) People who don't use their signals - Even cops don't use their signals here in GA like... Y'all are supposed to set the example, how do you expect citizens to follow the law when y'all don't even follow the law?
5) People who swerve in and out of their lane - Get off your phone and focus on driving
6) People who brake FOR NO REASON - No cars in front of them, they're not even speeding, and they decide to brake constantly
7) People who pull out/turn in front of me - I always have to slam on my brakes because these idiots decide that they're so important it doesn't matter if a car is approaching

Did I mention people that don't use their signals? It must be an option on cars nowadays...
Sponsored

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3) People going slow in the left lane - There's no cars in front of you and you're going like 70 in the left lane when the speed limit is 70, MOVE OVER!
4) People who don't use their signals - Even cops don't use their signals here in GA like... Y'all are supposed to set the example, how do you expect citizens to follow the law when y'all don't even follow the law?
5) People who swerve in and out of their lane - Get off your phone and focus on driving
6) People who brake FOR NO REASON - No cars in front of them, they're not even speeding, and they decide to brake constantly
7) People who pull out/turn in front of me - I always have to slam on my brakes because these idiots decide that they're so important it doesn't matter if a car is approaching

Did I mention people that don't use their signals? It must be an option on cars nowadays...
That sounds like Atlanta. Do you commute on GA 400 in the mornings? I'm the black Civic Si that impatiently zips past in the left lane around 6:15-7:00...

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag

to your remark on 18 wheelers in the left lane. Come on living in the south you should realize from a 18 wheeler to a pickup truck you own the road you can do no wrong your king! You take upas much space on the road ( even pickups) cut people off and run them off the road this is the south it’s truck county!
Btw I’m being sarcastic :D

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
1). Lack of/improper use of turn signals, don't know what it is but seems like at least 60-70% of people on the road now just flat out don't use them. My lady and I always joke that the cars don't come with them standard anymore, it's a premium feature. Also, using a signal AS you turn does no one any good.

2.) Slow drivers. Look, I'm not a speed demon, I only go 10-15 over on the highway and 5(ish) over on residential. I don't drive like a bat or hell but I also don't drive like there's weights holding me down. It never fails that every day on my way to work I'm stuck with someone in front of me that is going under the speed limit, there's no passing either. It's incredibly frustrating and I have started to turn into what I hate most, a tailgator, however people deserve to know they need to pick it up.

3.) Probably a mixture of things but just overall bad drivers. I think the funniest thing is when people flip me off or honking at me for them almost running into me or doing something stupid. Example, someone was running in the right lane and clearly cruising, decided to cut right in front of me last second making me almost have to slam my breaks (and honda sensing angry). Pass her later, giving me the finger... Didn't even do anything other than curse in the car, coulda honked at her, rode her real close... Nothing, I always find it funny and personally I don't get road rage real bad so I don't do anything back.

Ohio drivers are pretty bad.

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That sounds like Atlanta. Do you commute on GA 400 in the mornings? I'm the black Civic Si that impatiently zips past in the left lane around 6:15-7:00...
Haha no I'm south of Atlanta in Macon. I'm the sonic gray Civic that impatiently zips past in the left lane around 7:40

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
to your remark on 18 wheelers in the left lane. Come on living in the south you should realize from a 18 wheeler to a pickup truck you own the road you can do no wrong your king! You take upas much space on the road ( even pickups) cut people off and run them off the road this is the south it’s truck county!
Btw I’m being sarcastic :D
Yo it literally seems like that lol truck drivers don't even care they just do whatever they want

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
3 things I hate when driving:

1: the car in front of me
2: the car next to me
3: the car behind me

My philosophy is everyone on the road is stupid except me. I'm a genius :p
With that Philosophy, you wont go far wrong these days.
Its the same all over the USA and I suspect in most other countries.

It's a combination of the general public getting more and more STUPID each year, along with a total lack of consideration for anyone but themselves, in most aspects of their life, and an an attitude that they have a God given ENTITLEMENT, and that they are the only person existing on this planet.

Dejavue ?

SiFever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2019 Jeep Rubicon 2 Door MT
Country flag
As someone who frustrates Prius drivers with how slow I drive my R, by far and away the worst thing is people who cruise in the passing lane(left lane in the US) and just block traffic. It doesn't matter how fast you are going, if you are in the left lane and someone wants to pass you, get out of the way. The only reason to stay in the left lane with someone behind you is if you are about to make a left turn.

Cops need to give people tickets for staying in the left lane.
In Cali, on the 280, we get lollygaggers in the three left lanes, with the right lane being open, and this happens all the time. Cops pull the "speeders", and never touch the clogs in traffic. I did get pulled once for crusing in the left lane, in Arizona, 15 years ago, so at least somewhere, someone knows what they are doing. That is how I learned about lane ettiquite. Too many people seem to think the left lane is for privilege and virtue signalling, and none of them know how to drive or care to drive a good enough car to handle freeway speeds.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
1. As someone who frustrates Prius drivers with how slow I drive my R, by far and away the worst thing is people who cruise in the passing lane(left lane in the US) and just block traffic. It doesn't matter how fast you are going, if you are in the left lane and someone wants to pass you, get out of the way. The only reason to stay in the left lane with someone behind you is if you are about to make a left turn.

Cops need to give people tickets for staying in the left lane.

Edited to add more peeves and a pic.

2. People who pull out in front of someone causing the person on the road to have to brake.

3. People who brake for no reason randomly while driving along.

My ride:

anime-jpg.jpg
I think some states are doing that ticketing the slowpokes in the left lane

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
In Cali, on the 280, we get lollygaggers in the three left lanes, with the right lane being open, and this happens all the time. Cops pull the "speeders", and never touch the clogs in traffic. I did get pulled once for crusing in the left lane, in Arizona, 15 years ago, so at least somewhere, someone knows what they are doing. That is how I learned about lane ettiquite. Too many people seem to think the left lane is for privilege and virtue signalling, and none of them know how to drive or care to drive a good enough car to handle freeway speeds.
Down here in San Diego people seem to *mostly* know to stay out of the left lane, but every once in awhile you come up on some idiot that's doing 60. But for the most part the left lane is fastest, the lane next to it (my normal cruising lane) is fast but not full of a-holes trying to do 90, the next 1-2 lanes are doing roughly the speed limit and are slower from trucks, etc., and the furthest right lane is slow and all jammed up with cars merging (very poorly) and exiting.

I will say I hate it when I'm in the left lane doing 80 and passing other cars, and some dbag gets right on my butt trying to do 90 and acting all pissed that someone's in his way.

#1 pet peeve though: smoking and littering. If you throw trash out your window as a habit, you're literally the biggest piece of crap on the road.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hate everyone on the road

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
How do you nervous people survive with all this tension and anger without a heat attack? Must be very young, but that's a temporary condition, trust me.

Granted I live in a laid back place, but I never get angry on the road. I never get "cut off" because I never let anyone cut me off or sneak up on me. I treat all other cars as just cars driven by simple but buggy code, not persons. They are all out to kill me and it is just the nature of driving to go around them. How can you get angry at things in your way? They are there for fun.

Maybe that's because I learned to drive by playing the Pole Position game on Commodore 64. (This was a "computer" from back in the last century).
Driving makes me happy. This is what driving is to me:

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Granted I live in a laid back place, but I never get angry on the road. I never get "cut off" because I never let anyone cut me off or sneak up on me.
You must never drive in stop and go traffic on the freeway. People will cut you off for no reason at all and try to squeeze themselves into the space between you and the car in front of you making you slam on your brakes. I drive about 30,000 miles a year, most of it in stop and go on the freeway 2+ hours a day, and it makes me crazy that people do this. They hop back and forth from lane to lane, cutting people off, without realizing that all the lanes are slow and they aren't getting anywhere any faster than everyone else.

I won't even start with Prius drivers in general hypermiling at 62 in the far left lane while traffic around them is averaging 78, or people who park themselves in the left lane in general with 20 cars piled up behind them raging, and no one in front of them for miles, barely creeping by the lane to the right 1 mph faster than them.
Sponsored