3 things I hate when driving...

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Several things annoy the crap out of me:

Those who are completely oblivious to anything but themselves, could be either texting, totally unaware or uncaring about anything going on around them, upsetting & completely disrupting road dynamics.

Drivers with a "screw you, me first attitude"

Drivers who have no concept of what a "yield" sign means (or don't care)

Drivers who weave in and out, crossing & changing lanes with no signals, usually 15-25 mph above traffic flow
(See item 2 above)

And that's my SHORT list!:bat:
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Several things annoy the crap out of me:

Those who are completely oblivious to anything but themselves, could be either texting, totally unaware or uncaring about anything going on around them, upsetting & completely disrupting road dynamics.

Drivers with a "screw you, me first attitude"

Drivers who have no concept of what a "yield" sign means (or don't care)

Drivers who weave in and out, crossing & changing lanes with no signals, usually 15-25 mph above traffic flow
(See item 2 above)

And that's my SHORT list!:bat:
The yield sign appears to be a confusing one for most drivers. It just amazes me that these people passed their driver's written test. Then again, I have the feeling most people know what it means but don't give a flying *bleep*.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Drivers here forget the rules for 4 way stops. They are over cautious, and wave you forward when they have the right-of-way. Or, everyone is confused, inching forward to see who makes a move.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
People who don't use turn signals are the bane of my life. It's so effing simple and it is obviously dangerous to switch lanes or make a turn with ZERO indication. I lay the horn on thick if someone cuts me off doing this, and will continue to do so.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I know this technically isn't a "when driving" thing, but...

Don't you hate it when you park on a lot at the furthest remote corner only to come out to your car to see someone parked right up against you? :banghead::dunno:

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OK, I know this technically isn't a driving thing, but...

Don't you hate it when you park on a lot at the furthest remote corner only to come out to your car to see someone parked right up against you? :banghead::dunno:
YES. RRRGH.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Or when you park in a spot and when you come out to the car, the vehicle next to you parks like a foot next to your door... Or when a vehicle, or a truck with the stupid fkn hitch ball decided they wanted to back into the space in front of you and is millimeters away from your bumper and you're freakin a bit because you're not sure if they "bumped" your car... Yeah, I feel ya, gtman.

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
Country flag
In no particular order:

1. Driving behind gravel trucks. These guys seem to find me especially on highways.

2. Water puddles. Doesn't matter the size. Especially after I spend 4 hours detailing the Civic and there they are like land mines.

3. Pot holes. As much as I try to avoid them, they are everywhere in my neck of the woods. And even though I have the stock '17 wheels, the feeling, the sound just makes my teeth rattle when I can't avoid those damn things.

What's your 3 peeves? Plus add show ride...

car tax:
img_2625-jpg.jpg
I have 3 to add to this;
#1 is NASCAR-like drivers who drive so slow that they attract all other cars to bunch up around them, as they are totally oblivious to the driving environment and flow of traffic.
#2 are people who are so un-courteous that they do things like race you to a red light or drive so erratically in and out of traffic to get there 1 min before everyone else. These people need karma to change their behavior.
#3 is just the rise in all of these tall vehicles, whether they be minivans, SUVs, or trucks that are so hard to see around and drive safely--just do us a favor and get out of our way!

Honda Civic 10th gen 3 things I hate when driving... type R

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
#3 is just the rise in all of these tall vehicles, whether they be minivans, SUVs, or trucks that are so hard to see around and drive safely--just do us a favor and get out of our way!
Oh god yes. I really hate having to put myself practically in an intersection at a blind corner because there’s a brick on wheels sitting twice as high as I am.

hon da

First Name
Yony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch
Country flag

again, Virginia drivers. always think they have anti-detachment syndrome or maybe Virginia is for lovers (with strangers)

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag

We have compact car parking spots their always the furthest spots were I park and yes there’s always a large pickup truck in one of these spots ( maybe the owners brain is compact)

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
When I was younger I wanted to drive now being older and reading this thread
Isn’t driving soooo wonderful :drive:

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
I have 3 to add to this;
#1 is NASCAR-like drivers who drive so slow that they attract all other cars to bunch up around them, as they are totally oblivious to the driving environment and flow of traffic.
#2 are people who are so un-courteous that they do things like race you to a red light or drive so erratically in and out of traffic to get there 1 min before everyone else. These people need karma to change their behavior.
I totally agree with you man. Those friggin pickups headlights are higher than my car! :mad:
Sponsored