Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
OK, I know this technically isn't a "when driving" thing, but...

Don't you hate it when you park on a lot at the furthest remote corner only to come out to your car to see someone parked right up against you? :banghead::dunno:
Oh you mean like this..
Honda Civic 10th gen 3 things I hate when driving... CameraZOOM-20190320134353568

I live in a very rural area, and here are the 3 things I see regularly that drive me nuts.

1. People driving whatever speed they feel like (usually under the speed limit). There's a stretch of road I travel regularly, where the speed limit is 55 most of the way, with a small 45 area in the middle. 9 times out of 10 when travelling this road, people in front of me do 52-53 for the first section of 55, then continue through the 45 doing the same speed, and then still continue through the rest of the 55 again doing the same speed.

2. On a road with more than 2 lanes in the same direction, people who speed up to get in front of me, only to immediately make a right turn in front of me forcing me to slow down. Especially when there is no traffic at all behind me.

3. People who forgo right-of-way to be "nice" to other drivers. For example, I've seen on several occations where a car will be making a turn in front of me causing others to stop. The car turns, and then the car behind them sits there and waves out someone from a side street. I've even had the person in front of me come to a complete stop to make a left turn, and while I'm waiting behind them they sit and let someone first pull out in front of them travelling the same direction as me and then proceed to make their turn. Drives me nuts, there are right-of-way rules for a reason!
Sponsored

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I hate when I can see the persons head driving in front of me looking around at everything like they've never seen it before. Bro you're driving, just look straight. It blows my mind how someone can be distracted by the same McDonald's building they probably see every day.

Honda Civic 10th gen 3 things I hate when driving... 20190418_205737

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I like people that ignore "Yield" signs. I had a fun time today on the way to visit some family for the weekend. A Santa Fe pulled right out in front of me on a highway. I like our brakes.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I hate when I can see the persons head driving in front of me looking around at everything like they've never seen it before. Bro you're driving, just look straight. It blows my mind how someone can be distracted by the same McDonald's building they probably see every day.

20190418_205737.jpg
I agree with you 100% but some people just look straight on their obvious of their surroundings they think the mirrors in their cars is like the bathroom mirror in their house like comb their hair and other things I won’t mention but traffic isn’t one of them. Good thing for lane watch I use that a lot and my mirrors

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
As a kid, I'll ever forget being in a car with my best friend with his mother driving. She decided to put her lipstick on while approaching a single lane bridge. At that same time a semi truck was headed towards us. Thankfully, me and my friends yelling got her attention and she slammed her brakes on at the last second.

DanMahoney26

Redeye
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People turning onto a one-lane road when I'm cruising at 60..... then they proceed to do 45 in a 55! Or when cars in the left lane are doing the same exact speed as a semi in the right lane while holding up a train of 10 cars. :mad:

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
People who are most likely left-foot brakers and you see them cruising down the road/freeway with the brake on the whole time

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People who are most likely left-foot brakers and you see them cruising down the road/freeway with the brake on the whole time
I'm always perplexed when I see this, too. I can't figure out how they're going nearly as fast as I am but their brake lights are on the whole damn time. I imagine their mechanic loves them for the brake jobs.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
People who drive with their arm hanging out the window or feet on the dash
Riced out cars with drivers that shift through each gear at 1k rpms.
Retards that drive under the speed limit.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I was in New York if a truck was at a traffic light normally you pull in the left lane behind all of the cars because the truck going to pull away slowly living in Florida now you stay behind the truck at a light because the truck is going pull away faster than the cars even a cement truck o_O

HellaBagged

HellaBagged
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
In no particular order:

1. Driving behind gravel trucks. These guys seem to find me especially on highways.

2. Water puddles. Doesn't matter the size. Especially after I spend 4 hours detailing the Civic and there they are like land mines.

3. Pot holes. As much as I try to avoid them, they are everywhere in my neck of the woods. And even though I have the stock '17 wheels, the feeling, the sound just makes my teeth rattle when I can't avoid those damn things.

What's your 3 peeves? Plus add show ride...

car tax:
img_2625-jpg.jpg
I agree with Pot Holes for damn sure! Those things are nightmares for lowered cars and bigger aftermarket wheels! Shit feels like my car is going to explode after I hit one!

Driving behind/next to any big rigs because they always kick shit up! I got my window cracked by a big rig transporting tomatoes... not even gravel!

Other drivers... I live in California where NO ONE knows how to drive. I am not saying that I am a "perfect" but damn...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
People who brake check.

The other day, some young guy driving a VW Beetle Turbo was giving it all it had and passed me like I was standing still (I was chilling at around 60) on the highway. I decided to see what my TSP tune had and I caught up to him quickly.

Now, before I detail what happened next, yes I was driving way too fast and I was dumb to deal with someone who had been weaving in and out of traffic at top speed. Well, I decided I was going to pass him. I gunned it and then it happened. He slammed on his brakes right as I was going to make my move. At triple digit speeds the brake check shocked me and thankfully I was able to avoid the accident (it was close).

Needless to say I was pissed but I learned a valuable lesson...

When somebody is clearly driving like a maniac, expect the unexpected. Better yet, stay away from them at all costs.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is off subject but the warehouse that I work at is in the middle of nowhere it’s off a major highway Tamiami trail which is us 41 speed limit is 65 mph but it’s the autobahn for everybody who drives it. There are two canals that surround the warehouse yes I do see gators you hit the air horn on the trucks and they won’t bother you. I hear metal crunching almost every day because of the speed people go Just two weeks ago
We saw a big wave in the canal it turn out to be a car traveling at a high speed lost control and landed in the canal the driver didn’t make it it also bust into flames. It’s crazy out there

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh boy, where do I start?
1) 8AM traffic where ladies are doing makeup, texting, and driving. No joke where I'm from.
2) Fluggin tail-gators. They purposefully creep behind you at a stop light with their taillights higher than my car. :mad:
3) Getting cut off. Urrrrgh. Out of all, that pisses me off the most. Like STAY IN YOUR DAM SLOW GRANNY LANE.
:drive:
Buff, Cuse, or Roc? LMFAO I have seen this and am just dumbfounded...
Sponsored