Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
When you are merging onto the interstate and people don't move to the empty left lane to let you on.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
When you are merging onto the interstate and people don't move to the empty left lane to let you on.
Yes this is a problem when I drove large box trucks these trucks may have a lot of horsepower but when loaded their very slow and when nobody lets you merge it becomes a problem

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When cars are going up a hill and instead of giving more gas to compensate they just start slowing down way below the speed limit. You’re supposed to maintain your speed up a hill... it’s even more annoying when you have to force a downshift because the RPMs are getting too low in a high gear.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It happened again in this morning's rush hour. Some guy in front of me was doing 20 mph on a highway on ramp. OK, sure the ramp is a bit curvy, I get that. But he never sped up once we got to the straight part before the highway merge. I saw my opportunity and zipped around him. I looked in my rear view mirror and he was causing total chaos.

IMO if you're afraid to do the speed limit, you shouldn't drive.

Last edited:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It happened again in this morning's rush hour. Some guy in front of me was doing 20 mph on a highway on ramp. OK, sure the ramp is a bit curvy, I get that. But he never sped up once we got to the straight part before the highway merge. I saw my opportunity and zipped around him. I looked in my rear view mirror and he was causing total chaos.

IMO if you're afraid to do the speed limit, you shouldn't drive.
Don’t move to Florida

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
All the above plus VW Jetta drivers... especially older gens...those folks have all the time in the world...

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A very large percentage of Florida drivers do not signal they think everyone’s a mind reader and know what direction their going. Few weeks ago as I was behind Mercedes woman was not signaling when I was next to her at the traffic light . I asked her all that money you spent for that car and it didn’t come with turn signals?
She gave me her middle finger . But the worst vehicle down here that doesn’t signal are tractor trailers

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, man... First off, I don't dislike seniors. But tonight, on the way to dinner with the fam, I had THREE separate incidents with senior drivers.

1. senior lady in front of me cuts off a car in the left lane because she wanted to turn left... Even though our lane was also a left turn lane as well...

2. same senior lady driver now in right lane (she switched back to the right lane after she makes the turn). I'm on the left lane of a stretch of road that eventually merges into one lane. Signage says Lane Ends, MERGE RIGHT. But she stays beside me until I punch it to move far ahead and merge. My issue is if I know the road merges into one lane, I either get ahead or slow enough down where a car beside me can merge safely. I always avoid trying to ride side by side...

3. Another senior lady driver in parking lot of restaurant... I've already pulled out of my space and driving toward the exit. Senior driver begins to pull out as I approach. No big deal. I stop since she's about half-way out of the space. I give her plenty of space to completely back out and turn to her right so she can pass and I can move forward again. What does she do? She straightens her car and attempts to pass between parked cars and my car (which is very narrow since I'm on the proper right of way). I have to practically pull an emergency turn to my left so that she can get past without hitting me or the parked cars.

When I become a senior and pull this shit, I hope somebody yanks my keys and driver's license away from me. It's not about the right to drive. It's about safety for ALL drivers. And I know people (all people of all ages) have bad days. But seriously, I've never experienced so many instances of bad driving in such a short span of time.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I was going around a sharp curve on a country road yesterday, accelerated quickly. Suddenly these two motorcycles come out of nowhere ride my bumper, get fed up and blast past me. I was going 55mph, they had to be going 80-90mph, with another curve approaching ahead. This was on a shitty country road where deer frequently cross. Didn't feel safe. I hate it when they takes risks near me. Every year there's a lot of motorcyclist fatalities in my town. I'll never ride one, after working in a ER and hearing people scream in agony as you scrub their road rash clean.
Sponsored