3 Month Update 8,700 Miles on My 2020 CTR…..

Feel-The-R

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R & 1991 CRX HF
Country flag
First the bad news. I have an area on my hood lip that faces the windshield that is discolored. It looks almost like a light yellow. Took it to the local dealer, as it’s still under warranty. I will have to wait for apx. 30 days to see what they say.

I put on Enkei Raijin in black 18-inch rims, with Michelin Cross Climate 2, 235/45/R18 tires. I have noticed a loss of some of the grip from the stock Continentals & some spin. I have not driven them in the wet weather yet, so I don’t know how they will perform. I do like them so far. Bought them from Tire Rack.

Went from NW Arkansas to Tulsa. About a 300-mile round trip from my house & got 33.5 mpg. Did do a few errands in town, but mostly hwy driving. (On the new tires.)

Next week I have to travel to Iowa. Should be over a 600-mile round trip. I’ll see how it goes…. Happy Thanksgiving to all....

Honda Civic 10th gen 3 Month Update 8,700 Miles on My 2020 CTR….. IMG_3106[1].JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 3 Month Update 8,700 Miles on My 2020 CTR….. IMG_3108[1].JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 3 Month Update 8,700 Miles on My 2020 CTR….. IMG_3095[1].JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 3 Month Update 8,700 Miles on My 2020 CTR….. IMG_1278.JPG

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
First the bad news. I have an area on my hood lip that faces the windshield that is discolored. It looks almost like a light yellow. Took it to the local dealer, as it’s still under warranty. I will have to wait for apx. 30 days to see what they say.

I put on Enkei Raijin in black 18-inch rims, with Michelin Cross Climate 2, 235/45/R18 tires. I have noticed a loss of some of the grip from the stock Continentals & some spin. I have not driven them in the wet weather yet, so I don’t know how they will perform. I do like them so far. Bought them from Tire Rack.

Went from NW Arkansas to Tulsa. About a 300-mile round trip from my house & got 33.5 mpg. Did do a few errands in town, but mostly hwy driving. (On the new tires.)

Next week I have to travel to Iowa. Should be over a 600-mile round trip. I’ll see how it goes…. Happy Thanksgiving to all....
The CrossClimate 2 are an all season tire, so a loss of traction is unexpected. Long drives will improve gas mileage regardless of the tire. 33.5 isn't out of line for long distance highway travel if it's what the car's saying you got. If it's actual measured (you divided miles driven by gallons used) then it might be a couple MP3 higher than expected, but not much.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
The A/S will not perform as well on dry roads in non-freezing temperatures, compared to tthe summer tires. I've been running snows on 18" for a month and in cold weather they are pretty good (Pirelli Sotozero 3s). They are good in snow, of which we've had a few days worth off and on.

The hood thing looks like something has abraded the paint from thee edge of the hood. Is there any grit or some object rubbing against it when its closed?

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have similar wear although mine is caused by the fender and bumper rubbing.

Yours appears to be at the front and it doesn't look like that part rubs against anything. Maybe a rock chip that got out of hand?

The more I look at it it looks like something brushed against it. See the thin line that extends but doesn't seem to break paint? Almost like the area that broke was dragged.

OP
OP
Feel-The-R

Feel-The-R

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The CrossClimate 2 are an all-season tire, so a loss of traction is unexpected. Long drives will improve gas mileage regardless of the tire. 33.5 isn't out of line for long-distance highway travel if it's what the car's saying you got. If it's actually measured (you divided miles driven by gallons used) then it might be a couple of MP3 higher than expected, but not much.
I knew going into the new tires I was going to lose some traction. This is my daily driver & I go on trips all the time, so I had to do this. Still a phenomenal ride....

OP
OP
Feel-The-R

Feel-The-R

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The A/S will not perform as well on dry roads in non-freezing temperatures, compared to the summer tires. I've been running snows on 18" for a month and in cold weather, they are pretty good (Pirelli Sotozero 3s). They are good in snow, of which we've had a few days worth off and on.

The hood thing looks like something has abraded the paint from the edge of the hood. Is there any grit or some object rubbing against it when it's closed?
Nothing is rubbing when you open or close the hood. It couldn't be from the road as it faces the windshield. We will see what Honda says...Stay tuned...

OP
OP
Feel-The-R

Feel-The-R

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have similar wear although mine is caused by the fender and bumper rubbing.

Yours appears to be at the front and it doesn't look like that part rubs against anything. Maybe a rock chip that got out of hand?

The more I look at it it looks like something brushed against it. See the thin line that extends but doesn't seem to break paint? Almost like the area that broke was dragged.
I don't think it could have been a rock. I will just see if Honda will say....They have been pretty good in the past with me......

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I went out and looked at mine and all I can think of is that someone, somewhere, either hit it, scraped it, or opened it so that it rammed against something that chipped off that paint. I suppose it could be a paint flaw, where maybe just that spot had some foreign debris or something when the robots painted it, but I'd be more inclined to think something abraded that paint. It will be interesting to see what the dealer says. When I had a problem with my Golf R, where the painted part of the rocker panels under the door abraded due to the way the doors had nearly zero gap between the bottom of the door and the rocker panel, I was told it was not a defect, just wear and tear.

Let's hope you can get them to paint it for you for free.

OP
OP
Feel-The-R

Feel-The-R

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I went out and looked at mine and all I can think of is that someone, somewhere, either hit it, scraped it, or opened it so that it rammed against something that chipped off that paint. I suppose it could be a paint flaw, where maybe just that spot had some foreign debris or something when the robots painted it, but I'd be more inclined to think something abraded that paint. It will be interesting to see what the dealer says. When I had a problem with my Golf R, where the painted part of the rocker panels under the door abraded due to the way the doors had nearly zero gap between the bottom of the door and the rocker panel, I was told it was not a defect, just wear and tear.

Let's hope you can get them to paint it for you for free.
Time will tell what they say. Hurry up and wait as they say.....So what winter tires are you running for that Vermont Snow???

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Time will tell what they say. Hurry up and wait as they say.....So what winter tires are you running for that Vermont Snow???
Pirelli Sottozero 3s. 245/40 R18s.

CanadianFK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
The only way I can figure the hood would get damaged like that is when you have the wiper arms flipped into the up position and then try to open the hood. ... ask me how I know.. ?

OP
OP
Feel-The-R

Feel-The-R

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The only way I can figure the hood would get damaged like that is when you have the wiper arms flipped into the up position and then try to open the hood. ... ask me how I know.. ?
I got you....But I haven't done that....So what winter tires do you have on your baby??
Sponsored