SiCane

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Thanks guys, going to order the filter first since it's a safe, inexpensive upgrade that should help the engine breathe a bit better...hopefully this will fit the '19 Si as well (don't see why it wouldn't): https://www.amazon.com/Drop-Air-Fil...lter+civic+si&qid=1557769009&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I'm eventually planning on changing to the Amsoil MTF as well based on all the positive feedback I've seen but I'll probably wait until my first oil change to do that. My car has less than 500 miles on it so I'm gonna break it in and get used to the car in stock form before I tune it, despite the advertised gains looking EXTREMELY tempting. I just can't justify replacing the clutch this early, such a shame that Honda didn't equip our cars with stronger clutches from the factory.
Sponsored

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Precisely items on this list to keep the mods mild. Just dropped in a dry air filter and ordered a silicone intake hose for the CTR (mostly for little bit more noise). Two quarts of Amsoil are on the way. But still undecided on the tuning platform as I’m mostly happy with stock power. Just wanted a little more sound from the exhaust.
If I owned a CTR, I would basically leave it the way it is (besides the k&n and Amsoil Synchromesh). That car performs so well, it's already optimally tuned! I don't know how much more performance you could get out of it, making one little change could throw it off balance

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

SiCane

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Am I correct in assuming that the PRL Stage 1 intake and K&N drop-in filter would be more or less similar in terms of sound enhancement and performance (+4-5HP)?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Am I correct in assuming that the PRL Stage 1 intake and K&N drop-in filter would be more or less similar in terms of sound enhancement and performance (+4-5HP)?
If you are looking for the sound element, the PRL Stage 1 intake would be the way to go. I didn't notice any significant changes in sound after putting in the K&N drop-in filter

shipdawg

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2004 WRX STi, & 2019 Honda HRV EX
Country flag
If you are looking for the sound element, the PRL Stage 1 intake would be the way to go. I didn't notice any significant changes in sound after putting in the K&N drop-in filter
I didn't notice any increase in sounds either with the K&N. I did notice a very slight increase in acceleration. But not as much as when I put one in the Fit I owned previously.

aeonixx

First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Huh?

If you're talking about the KTuner V2, you never need a computer in your car. That's it's big advantage. Are you sure you have a V2 with the 5" touchscreen?
Ignorance is Bliss, Got the K-tuner figured out. You do not have to drag your lap top to the car. You simply need to down load the tune onto the tuner then take the tuner out to the car. Its still a pain in the ass.....

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ignorance is Bliss, Got the K-tuner figured out. You do not have to drag your lap top to the car. You simply need to down load the tune onto the tuner then take the tuner out to the car. Its still a pain in the ass.....
Yes correct. You don't need a laptop with v2. Glad you figured it out!

SiCane

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Just changed to the K&N drop-in filter and I'm glad I did. Acceleration is noticeably smoother and if my gas mileage improves that will just be a bonus. Obviously this mod won't add much HP, but I wasn't expecting that so I'm not disappointed. The smoother power band alone is worth the $50, IMO.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just changed to the K&N drop-in filter and I'm glad I did. Acceleration is noticeably smoother and if my gas mileage improves that will just be a bonus. Obviously this mod won't add much HP, but I wasn't expecting that so I'm not disappointed. The smoother power band alone is worth the $50, IMO.
Plus... you just clean, re-oil, and drop it back in after 50k. What else could you ask for?
Sponsored