amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Scotty Kilmer guide to increased Horsepower.

018C05A6-DB3D-4E78-98A6-86C75110D214.png
I love this guy! I think he does his videos when he is sky high or skunk drunk!
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love this guy! I think he does his videos when he is sky high or skunk drunk!
I think speed is his drug of choice. I like him too... but between how quick he talks and how his videos are edited, watching his videos are like going on Mr. Toads Wild Ride at Disney.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well... sorry... that wasn't my intention. I meant to defend a quantifiable increase in power with a (up to the user) acceptable amount of loss of filtering efficiency against other OEM style filters. I've also used them on something like 10 cars now without issue. I think the benefits of lower lifetime costs through reusing the filters with minor, but measurable rise in power is worth it for vehicles outside very dusty environments. K&N themselves acknowledge a range if 96-99% on their website, with the other 3rd party test coming in on the lower end of their estimate. That 3rd party test is opinionated against them... and I formulated my own opinion and chose to use them... but I think the data is still applicable and, again, within K&Ns own estimates. K&Ns comply with ISO and SAE standards. They are, by those standards, 'good enough'.
No, you got it wrong! I wasn't referring to you, My inside voice came out. I always enjoy your comments, I learn a ton from them!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've used K&N's in the past but over the past decade have been using AEM and aFE dry filters. I've notice no differenced in "performance" and the numbers say they filter as well or better, with no over-oiling issues.

Last edited:

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Honesty If i could start over on the car I would have done the Type R clutch swap first.
"I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY OTHER CLUTCH"

I spent alot of extra cash on flashes and bolt ons but nothing is worth it unless the car holds all the power.

Current mods:

Ktuner
Flex Fuel
FP DP
Hasport mount- Recommended
Type R Retrofit - Every car needs this!! My fx 350 failed -.-
Cobra PRL

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you get turbo noises with the drop in filter?
I have not really noticed any additional noises from using K&N. I think the cone style filters would give you the additional noise

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I wasn't looking to start a whole thing either, just wanted to make sure anyone reading this is aware that they are likely giving up a bit of filtering efficiency for a couple HP. Whether it's worth it is up to them. Adding power is almost always about trade-offs.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wasn't looking to start a whole thing either, just wanted to make sure anyone reading this is aware that they are likely giving up a bit of filtering efficiency for a couple HP. Whether it's worth it is up to them. Adding power is almost always about trade-offs.
No, its cool, I was joking. Debate is always good in my book

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I have a K & N Ill send for 20 bucks plus shipping dm me.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've used K&N's in the past but over the past decade have been using AEM and aFE dry filters. I've notice no difference in "performance" and the numbers say they filter as well or better, with no over-oiling issues.
Yeah, I think I'd like to try a dry filter next. I've only ever done the oiled ones. I jumped on the PRL bandwagon and, since I have the filter oil already and it'll be enough for the life of the car, I'll just keep what I have. I have the same can if K&N oil I've been using for 3 different K&N or Still filtered cars for at least 5 years and I doubt I'm through 1/2 of it.

Not oiling would be just one less thing to do/buy. I'm not really concerned with the MAFs... but if there was a chance it could ever hurt one, even if it's never happened to me, that's also be eliminated. I assume the drys meet all the needed minimum standards and are at least comparable to the oiled ones. Really why I went with the Green filter PRL sells is because they talked about the molding over-spray not being on them while K&Ns did... and was suppose to prevent some restriction. Good marketing... because they got me.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've used K&N's in the past but over the past decade have been using AEM and aFE dry filters. I've notice no difference in "performance" and the numbers say they filter as well or better, with no over-oiling issues.
Are these reusable as well?

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First 3 mods I did were window tint, 3M front protection package, and smoked side markers, all for well under $1K

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Are these reusable as well?
Yep. And the cool thing is you literally can soak them in a mild soapy solution, then simply rinse, dry and reuse.

A little bit of trivia. Did you guys know that K&N actually owns AEM?
Sponsored

Last edited: