2nd time since I have had the car and it's locked me out.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So when approaching the car locked... I go to open the trunk via touch the unlock on the rear tailgate. It opens and I put something in and then shut the trunk while walking to the drivers door. The car signal lights all stay on permanently. Nothing on the remotes work and the keyless sensors to unlock the car don't work either. Still locked. Only thing you can do it take out the key from the keyFOB and manually unlock the door. Then the alarm sounds... I push the pedal and hit the start button. Alarm disengages and the car starts. All is normal again.

Any ideas??? I asked the Dealer and they don't have a clue.
This happened to me today
Sponsored

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Happened to me yesterday - 2nd time now.

I was in a rush, so I didn't have time to make a video.

Will report this to the dealer. I hope you do too.

BaltOsFan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
This happened to me for the second time yesterday, the first time only being a month ago. My key fob was in my pocket, went to put something in my trunk, opened it up put my bag in, closed it, started to go toward the driver's door, nothing worked. The 4 orange/yellow lights were all on, no buttons worked on the fob, the physical key didn't work, but fortunately the alarm wasn't going off. The only difference was that last time after about 45 minutes, the lights went off and my key fob worked. This time, well, it's up to about 14 hours since it happened and still can't get in.

Anyone find a solution or get Honda to admit there's a problem? It seems like this is happening to mostly 2016 models.
Sponsored