2nd time since I have had the car and it's locked me out.

spikeitaudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EXL RES, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
So when approaching the car locked... I go to open the trunk via touch the unlock on the rear tailgate. It opens and I put something in and then shut the trunk while walking to the drivers door. The car signal lights all stay on permanently. Nothing on the remotes work and the keyless sensors to unlock the car don't work either. Still locked. Only thing you can do it take out the key from the keyFOB and manually unlock the door. Then the alarm sounds... I push the pedal and hit the start button. Alarm disengages and the car starts. All is normal again.

Any ideas??? I asked the Dealer and they don't have a clue.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does this happen with both keys or just one?

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I absolutely refuse to believe this. According to people on here, the keyless fob system is better and works perfect. :)

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
This seems to have happened to some members here.

It's an annoyance, no solution yet afaik. It's nothing serious I think.

OP
OP

spikeitaudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I absolutely refuse to believe this. According to people on here, the keyless fob system is better and works perfect. :)
Only have had 2 issues with the keyfob. :)

OP
OP

spikeitaudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This seems to have happened to some members here.

It's an annoyance, no solution yet afaik. It's nothing serious I think.
Agreed but still bothersome! Plus I have been working with the dealer on a nasty rattles in the car that have been driving me nuts!

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
This has happened to me once (owned since January) and I know there is a thread on here about this very issue. Manually unlocking seems to be the only fix as of now

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have had this happen to me twice. From what I can tell it is caused by using the keyless entry (grabbing the door handle) and using the push to lock too many times in succession. I believe it is a safety feature, because after so many minutes it starts working again.

Warren803

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have had this happen to me twice. From what I can tell it is caused by using the keyless entry (grabbing the door handle) and using the push to lock too many times in succession. I believe it is a safety feature, because after so many minutes it starts working again.
I seriously doubt it's a safety feature. This happened to me last week and I actually took video of it on my phone. It happened to me without touching the door handle or using the push to lock. From the other thread, I had a similar experience. It happened after I used the trunk button to open it.

When you say it's a safety feature because after so many minutes it starts working again, you're noticing the electric kill switch that cuts off anything that is still turned on in the car after a few mins. That kill switch feature was probably not designed specifically for this lock out issue. It just happens to resolve this issue because it's electric related. That kill switch also resolves some other issues, such as when I exit and lock the car, and the head unit does not turn off. The kill switch will turn it off after a few mins also.

I won't bother loading my video as it's similar to the video in the other thread.

Good luck to Honda fixing the issue, as it's extremely hard to replicate. It's only happened once on my car in nearly 3.5 months of ownership.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
I often use the rubber covered button on the trunk lid to open the trunk, put things in, then walk to the door and pull the door handle to unlock/open the door. Fortunately for me, this has never happened yet since purchased 1/18/16. As Warren803 mentioned, it seems random and may be hard to get Honda to acknowledge/fix. But we can hope for the best that Honda finds a fix! Good luck!

Mr. Milo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It's happened to me twice. I go to open trunk with touch pad on trunk and doesn't open. Try doors and nothing, have to take key out and manually unlock then seems to work fine. Wtf! Not a huge deal but annoying for sure.

everett2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civiv
Country flag
My wife had this exact experience shortly after we bought the car in March. She didn't know what to do so she called me and I had to go to meet her with my Toyota. After figuring out how to use the key, since it didn't work on the first try, we traded cars and I took the Honda to the dealer who had no idea why this happened but one of the salesmen said he had also experienced this with his Honda.
Sponsored