apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
As most of us have experienced the 1-2 shift grind. I wasn’t having issues until autocross this season when the fluid got hot. I originally tried ams oil synchromesh and for some reason that made it worse when it was warm. I then decided to try redline MT-90! For me it worked amazing. Very happy with my results!! As someone told me, if it’s good enough for realtime racing it’s good enough for you! Hah. He was right.

I picked mine up at pegasus racing since they are local for me and also support a lot of racers!
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3344

Honda Civic 10th gen 2nd gear grind fix? 1B45178B-24AE-4D97-823D-3B5DDBF2CD82
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As most of us have experienced the 1-2 shift grind. I wasn’t having issues until autocross this season when the fluid got hot. I originally tried ams oil synchromesh and for some reason that made it worse when it was warm. I then decided to try redline MT-90! For me it worked amazing. Very happy with my results!! As someone told me, if it’s good enough for realtime racing it’s good enough for you! Hah. He was right.

I picked mine up at pegasus racing since they are local for me and also support a lot of racers!

1B45178B-24AE-4D97-823D-3B5DDBF2CD82.jpeg
I use this in my MX-5. Can you confirm this is compatible with Honda fluid (viscosity wise)? I can't find anything online for the FK8 CTR application. Thanks.

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
GM sychromesh is what I use.
I have used that in other cars. works great!

I use this in my MX-5. Can you confirm this is compatible with Honda fluid (viscosity wise)? I can't find anything online for the FK8 CTR application. Thanks.
As far as I know Honda MTF is 75-80. I tried the redline MT-LV but that was actually thiner than honda fluid. yet on the street it still worked great. With the heat of autoX I was getting the issue still so I wanted to go thicker. Honestly you could probably get their 75-80 and it would work fine!

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag

1B45178B-24AE-4D97-823D-3B5DDBF2CD82.jpeg

Redline is all I use in my EVO drivetrain. Shepard Racing (who built my trans/ tc/ rear diff) would only recommend this brand for use in my evo. I use amsoil dominator 15w-50 in the engine. Very smooth shifts despite the solid mounts, and short throw shifter, it’s never notchy. The drivetrain itself is very noisey.

I will say I had good results using royal purple but I think that brand is good for about 1k miles before needing a change. Royal purple did feel the slipperiest tho.

peter_009

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hasback
Country flag
I use Amsoil and the grind went away
Sponsored