$29k Civic EX Hatchback at my local dealership

Sozin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Terry Lee Honda! Saw that last week when I picked up my 17 Coupe EX-T but I swear it had a trunk spoiler...
Sponsored

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
You know, except for the red flares, it's not a bad looking combination with the white and the black. Of course, it's still a little bit too much "look at me". I loved seeing another member's white with the ultra-dark tint. Looked very clean and nice.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know, except for the red flares, it's not a bad looking combination with the white and the black. Of course, it's still a little bit too much "look at me". I loved seeing another member's white with the ultra-dark tint. Looked very clean and nice.

that white one is too much. Maybe because of the wrap. It just look horrible with the red front and black hood. Super tacky IMO. No offence if someone likes it. I liked the black one I think it works good with that one. But yeah... they will take all your money for those add-ons. I have a white sedan. I inquired about the rim and I think they don't sell them in Canada. My dealer told me that I was crazy and that they were the Type R ones... I pulled the pictures and part # and they looked them up. They quoted me around $750 a piece. I was like DAM... they are nice but not 750 nice.

tychay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2000
Country flag
Looks like my theory that these are dealer-spec'd cars destined for the showroom floor might be right. @skittles found another example of a 2017 Civic Hatch tricked out inside the dealer's showroom:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-civic-hatchback-ugly.7115/page-4#post-130796

Again, it red underbody spoilers and the $1700 18" accessory alloy wheels, but with a matte vinyl wrap to make it look like a Type R. Can't tell but it also may be an EX/EX-L model. Probably because the interior is so much nicer than the Sport and people will be sitting in the car (they want to show the big 7" screen). Bet they'll replace these with the Sport Touring when it comes out (get that beautiful dual center exhaust right under the opening in the rear from the red underbody spoiler).

Get inside the thing, I wonder if they replaced the pedals with aluminum ones or the leather wrap steering wheel and panels to have red accents (a la Sport or Sport touring). That + the accessory wheels and underbody spoiler kit could put an EX/EX-L easily into the $29k-$30k MSRP.

Last edited:

tychay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2000
Country flag
My dealer told me that I was crazy and that they were the Type R ones... I pulled the pictures and part # and they looked them up. They quoted me around $750 a piece. I was like DAM... they are nice but not 750 nice.
They're not the Prototype Type-R wheels which you can see have more cutaways to reveal the disc brakes: http://www.caricos.com/cars/h/honda/2016_honda_civic_type_r_concept/images/7.html

Instead in the USA configurator, if you select the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback, sport trim, you see that they're available as an option as "18" accessory alloy wheels" with the cost of $1700. Maybe that's the trade up price (Sport already comes with pretty striking 18" alloy wheels), could account for the $325/wheel difference between the dealer quote and the configurator MSRP. (Then again, dealers often lie out of habit. When I asked my dealer about the HondaSensing with the Hatch, they told me it's a $1200 upgrade, instead of the $1000 MSRP that it will be. My guess is because there were no Hatches in the US with sensing at the time so why not quote $200 more?). :)

This makes me strongly believe that if there were dealers in Canada with these sort of "over the top" OEM aftermarket add-ons and wraps, if they start it on the Sport instead of the EX-L w/Navi since the main showroom feature missing in the USA Sport interior is the 7" LCD (standard on LX trims and above in Canada).

Last edited:

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
It's that red lip kit. I was just at the dealer getting the parking break recall and they were installing it on a white hatch back. I'm sure the stealerships will charge at least $2500 for that lip kit and another $1800 for the wheels.
yeep..It's the lip kit and 18inch wheels.. if you get the other rear window spoiler it's $799..I asked today when I was doing my recall thing.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They're not the Prototype Type-R wheels which you can see have more cutaways to reveal the disc brakes: http://www.caricos.com/cars/h/honda/2016_honda_civic_type_r_concept/images/7.html

Instead in the USA configurator, if you select the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback, sport trim, you see that they're available as an option as "18" accessory alloy wheels" with the cost of $1700. Maybe that's the trade up price (Sport already comes with pretty striking 18" alloy wheels), could account for the $325/wheel difference between the dealer quote and the configurator MSRP. (Then again, dealers often lie out of habit. When I asked my dealer about the HondaSensing with the Hatch, they told me it's a $1200 upgrade, instead of the $1000 MSRP that it will be. My guess is because there were no Hatches in the US with sensing at the time so why not quote $200 more?). :)

This makes me strongly believe that if there were dealers in Canada with these sort of "over the top" OEM aftermarket add-ons and wraps, if they start it on the Sport instead of the EX-L w/Navi since the main showroom feature missing in the USA Sport interior is the 7" LCD (standard on LX trims and above in Canada).

Yeah. I know for sure those were not type R. I told them that. They are pretty good at my dealer. They do charge you extra like any other dealer but they don't milk You. I got a good deal for my car and they discounted a lot on the accessories I got. Such as the spoiler and the aero kit. They didn't have the rims in the system and the parts guy just gave me a random number from what the computer was telling him. I don't think you can add those wheels in the Canadian configurator.