$29k Civic EX Hatchback at my local dealership

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
My local Honda dealership has this beautiful hatch on their lot. I'm not sure what they added to get the price so high, it doesn't say, but I think it's beautiful. But still, $29k for an EX?

Honda Civic 10th gen $29k Civic EX Hatchback at my local dealership dfd42c6f80ff6fd39e3ad4d60f432511x

Honda Civic 10th gen $29k Civic EX Hatchback at my local dealership 5fad2c93a6dae77c95fc1f5f6bbfab29x

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's that red lip kit. I was just at the dealer getting the parking break recall and they were installing it on a white hatch back. I'm sure the stealerships will charge at least $2500 for that lip kit and another $1800 for the wheels.

OP
OP

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm getting the recall done today and I really want to drive it. I think it would look even better on the Sport with the exhaust. I really like it, but could never justify the price for aesthetics.

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
I paid less than $24K for my EX HB and even after I buy OZ rims and tires, intake, catch can.....I will have way less than $29k in it and the rims will be lighter than those Honda rims....and my car will be better looking overall IMO. I could even buy a tune and dampers and still be under $29k.

OP
OP

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I paid less than $24K for my EX HB and even after I buy OZ rims and tires, intake, catch can.....I will have way less than $29k in it and the rims will be lighter than those Honda rims....and my car will be better looking overall IMO. I could even buy a tune and dampers and still be under $29k.
Yeah I totally agree. Some young guy will buy this thinking he's badass because it's different. It looks nice, but you can do a lot more for the money other than some fancy lip and rims. Though some people care more about looks than performance. I still think it looks great, but I agree with you completely.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My local Honda dealership has this beautiful hatch on their lot. I'm not sure what they added to get the price so high, it doesn't say, but I think it's beautiful. But still, $29k for an EX?

dfd42c6f80ff6fd39e3ad4d60f432511x.jpg

5fad2c93a6dae77c95fc1f5f6bbfab29x.jpg
yuck :doh:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, is this that "No Vaseline" edition I've heard about?

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It NEVER pays to buy for "upgrades" from the dealer. Even manufacturer upgrades are not worth it. That "premium" sound system that you have to pay another $1200 for... I upgraded my WRX with component speakers in all 4 doors, a 4 channel powering the cabin, a 12" sub and amp in the trunk, and a pre-amp EQ for about $800. I have never heard another system as clear and bright as mine.

Dangit... I've gone and made myself want to put a system in my Civic again...

tychay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2000
Country flag
Sport Underbody spoiler kit($?) in red and the 18 inch accessory alloy wheels ($1700). There are probably other things we can't see like navi, mats, cargo net and trunk liner on the inside.

When I went to the dealer two weeks ago (visiting gf's family in Walnut Creek, CA), their only hatch on the lot was an EX-L with Navi in Sonic gray with accessory wheels and a red underbody kit. After, I pointed out all the aftermarket stuff they put on the hatch, the dealer said that this was a model they had spec'd for the showroom. But as all their hatch allotment had just been sold out and it was the last model, as they were pulling up the VIN for an interested buyer, he noticed it had just been sold, and so they just pulled it out of the room to prep it for purchase (which was why it was on the lot at that moment).

I saw a new car buyer pick it up while my gf and I were checking out a EX-L sedan interior — the front seat interior is identical to the hatch which we couldn't check out as it had been prepped for pickup. (I'll mention that the accessories turned her off to the entire Sonic Gray Pearl color — unique to the hatch— though her interest in the Civic hatch itself remains unwavering.)

I imagine this sort of thing (low inventory to the point where the overpriced showroom car will be snapped up) will be the norm near a major city almost halfway around the world from where they are being built — hatchbacks, crossovers, and sub-compact SUVs are the new city car out here in San Francisco.

My guess is your car is one of those as it has the right wow factor for the showroom floor (right down to choosing the model with the better interior), and wasn't meant to be bought, but de gustibus non est disputandum. ;)

Last edited:

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
LOL. I'll never understand people that pay huge amounts of money for something just to look "different". First off, give it about 4 months (even less) and any over-inflated prices for 2017s and hatchbacks will be completely gone. MSRP of $22,800, so you'll be able to buy at $20-$21k (max) all day long. Why in the world, you'd add $8k-$9k on top of that is beyond me. I'm not the type of guy to get a Type R model, but at least I could understand saving up for that. This, I absolutely do-not-understand. Seems like its for suckers.

otis1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Odyssey, 2017 Honda Sport Touring
Here a few more pics.
Honda Civic 10th gen $29k Civic EX Hatchback at my local dealership 97810612
Honda Civic 10th gen $29k Civic EX Hatchback at my local dealership 97810625
Honda Civic 10th gen $29k Civic EX Hatchback at my local dealership 97810628
Honda Civic 10th gen $29k Civic EX Hatchback at my local dealership 97810689

This is an EXL with Navi.