Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This can work on CVT cars but as mentioned above the CVT will be the overall limiting factor.

squshy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ST
Country flag
What about it? It will work on the CVT but you are still limited by the CVT belt. You will still be able to make more HP
If I'm reading this blog post correctly, we shouldn't have a lot to worry about.
Specifically, we want to look at the graph comparing stock turbo w/ tune to W1 turbo w/ modified tune. In that graph, we see a gain in HP without a gain in torque.
For us, this is good, because torque, not HP, is our overall limiting factor in regards to CVT.

Now obviously, they're already pulling more torque than we can handle with the stock turbo and tune, but that's ok, it's the Delta that matters.
So essentially: you could tune your car right now to get yourself to the edge of torque you're comfortable with (on let's say, 93 octane); then, drop in the turbo, modify the tune to accommodate (still for 93 octane), and you'll see a very good HP increase w/o an increase in torque.

@Vincent@27WON , can you check my reasoning on this?

buddha123

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS Sedan
Awesome, Thanks peeps. i totally understand, i am pretty devastated that in Aus, the civic turbos only come with Cvt which is a bit sad. I would definitely hope for some mad hp gain.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I'm reading this blog post correctly, we shouldn't have a lot to worry about.
Specifically, we want to look at the graph comparing stock turbo w/ tune to W1 turbo w/ modified tune. In that graph, we see a gain in HP without a gain in torque.
For us, this is good, because torque, not HP, is our overall limiting factor in regards to CVT.

Now obviously, they're already pulling more torque than we can handle with the stock turbo and tune, but that's ok, it's the Delta that matters.
So essentially: you could tune your car right now to get yourself to the edge of torque you're comfortable with (on let's say, 93 octane); then, drop in the turbo, modify the tune to accommodate (still for 93 octane), and you'll see a very good HP increase w/o an increase in torque.

@Vincent@27WON , can you check my reasoning on this?
Sort of. I see where you are coming from and its mostly right but there are some key factors in that. For safety in the CVT your best bet is to control the tq via your tune.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Interested in compatibility with complete OEM downpipe and exhaust. Would be interested in getting rid of the massive power drop up top but not interested in E85 or max gains. 280WHP would be fine with me.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interested in compatibility with complete OEM downpipe and exhaust. Would be interested in getting rid of the massive power drop up top but not interested in E85 or max gains. 280WHP would be fine with me.
Definitely compatible, that is one of the main pros regarding this option. Complete drop in, no other hardware required. (other than a tune)
Sponsored