First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Derek Robinson tuned a 27Won W1 turbo and PRL kit 2860r turbo under similar conditions and did a chart that compared the two with ethanol blend. There was a thread that compared the two with 91-93 octane. I had issues with that thread, but the PRL kit does have a very large hp advantage on 91. As you can see from the chart the advantage of the PRL in peak power with ethanol is relatively minor. Derek has said, in the past, that the 2860r Gen II turbo runs out of fueling capacity in our cars. Our fueling capacity seems to limit both turbos to similar hp. The W1 turbo is a lot stronger under 4500 rpm. That and the electronic waste-gate make the W1 a better choice for street driving. If no ethanol is available in your area or you don’t want to use it then the choice is not clear at all. It would then depend if you were more interested in peak power or wide power band response. With either premium or ethanol blend, the W1 would be more responsive because of the electronic waste-gate, but users have said that the 2860r is not too laggy even so.
Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won W1 turbo vs PRL Kit 2860r with Ethanol Blend W1 vs 2860r
Sponsored

Last edited:

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Following for information. Out of that info I would want the 27won. Well I would want either option really but that curve of the 27won is nice.

At least until we have rpm capability but Im not sure our little under-square engines will really ever be that happy above 7500rpm.

Id be content with a 4-7k rev range and I am partial to a laggier setup within reason. I guess my ultimate decision hinges on when I need a new turbo and what is available then.

Last edited:

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll eventually be going w/ the 27Won, I want to make a good 'foundation' first.
My clutch is already slipping w/ the TSP Stage 1 tune (on map 2&3)! So there's the clutch, the intercooler, the (turbo-back) exhaust, brake upgrade, sway bars, springs (I can go on...ROFL)...
Would rather get all that first, THEN move to the W1 when I've maxed out all that stuff...

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll eventually be going w/ the 27Won, I want to make a good 'foundation' first.
My clutch is already slipping w/ the TSP Stage 1 tune (on map 2&3)! So there's the clutch, the intercooler, the (turbo-back) exhaust, brake upgrade, sway bars, springs (I can go on...ROFL)...
Would rather get all that first, THEN move to the W1 when I've maxed out all that stuff...

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not gonna lie.....I LOVE the video. Sounds great! :love: I have nothing useful to add. Just..DAYUM! That car look like it was moving. And you can hear the transition point when it started to just take off. This is the point where you pass the white car on the left hand side. It really started to go then. :nixon:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not gonna lie.....I LOVE the video. Sounds great! :love: I have nothing useful to add. Just..DAYUM! That car look like it was moving. And you can hear the transition point when it started to just take off. This is the point where you pass the white car on the left hand side. It really started to go then. :nixon:
Much appreciated man! Can’t wait to get that Etune from DRob :headbang:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
That's crazy. Do you know what it took to get to those levels? How did he get passed the map 29 psi limit on the electronic waste gate?
The limit is the MAP sensors itself. The fix is to buy new ones and have a tuner make the adjustments ;)

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The limit is the MAP sensors itself. The fix is to buy new ones and have a tuner make the adjustments ;)
Lol doesn't really matter unless you run nitro meth or VP M1

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Lol doesn't really matter unless you run nitro meth or VP M1
Ya you'll hit the fuel limit before the MAP limit xD. I'm glad I went with a meth system for some extra go juice
Sponsored