BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Posting this on behalf of my friend who is currently breaking in his w1 turbo and fx400 clutch on his 2020 si. He called me saying he just got on it a bit for the first time and his entire dashboard lit up with errors, the main code being P0299 which looks to be turbo or supercharger "a" has excessively low output." The car is running fine still, it is currently on the ktuner w1 basemap with flex fuel enabled. Could it be a boost leak?
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
It could be. Tell him to check and make sure everything was bolted down all the way. And to double check both the hot and cold side charge pipes.

The next time hes on a drive ask him to gradually build boost (Dont go WOT) with the window down to see if he can audibly hear any leaks.

If not, at least confirm he can hear boost building and that the waste gate is opening after he let's off throttle. If it sounds off, inspect the EWG and the actuator arm. The thing is really sensitive. When I first put my turbo on it over boosted to 29psi. I literally just wiggled the arm a bit and it started working correctly again.

Also, what are his fuel trims looking like?

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It could be. Tell him to check and make sure everything was bolted down all the way. And to double check both the hot and cold side charge pipes.

The next time hes on a drive ask him to gradually build boost (Dont go WOT) with the window down to see if he can audibly hear any leaks.

If not, at least confirm he can hear boost building and that the waste gate is opening after he let's off throttle. If it sounds off, inspect the EWG and the actuator arm. The thing is really sensitive. When I first put my turbo on it over boosted to 29psi. I literally just wiggled the arm a bit and it started working correctly again.

Also, what are his fuel trims looking like?
Thanks for the reply. He did say he saw 28psi then taper off. What should it be hitting on the basemap? I’ll pass on the info and tell him to check his trims.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. He did say he saw 28psi then taper off. What should it be hitting on the basemap? I’ll pass on the info and tell him to check his trims.
I'm not too sure what the W1 base maps target as I have the 2860R. But just for comparison, I normally see 26-27 on an E30 blend in gear 1-4th and will see 29 lowering to 27 in 5th.

Hopefully someone else with the W1 can chime in on the boost targets with the base maps.

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Also tell him to stop "getting on it" till he actually gets a custom tune or he is going to wonder why it blew up. The base map wasn't designed for beating on and continuous usage, it's a baseline allowing you to drive like a normal human to a tuner who can then dyno/street tune it and build you a custom map for your car that will keep it within safe limits during operation.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not too sure what the W1 base maps target as I have the 2860R. But just for comparison, I normally see 26-27 on an E30 blend in gear 1-4th and will see 29 lowering to 27 in 5th.

Hopefully someone else with the W1 can chime in on the boost targets with the base maps.
That 2860R will run a bit more boost on the top end. The W1 we generally tell people more than ~27psi fir reliability.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The issue has cleared up on its own. He is getting it dyno tuned today, but not before he put 2 car lengths on a CTR in Mexico tho! :thumbsup:
Sponsored