27WON W1 Turbo for the ultimate daily driver?

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I vote to save your money and enjoy the Civic stock. You will want EVERY PENNY to upgrade the S2000, trust me!
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I vote to save your money and enjoy the Civic stock. You will want EVERY PENNY to upgrade the S2000, trust me!
Haha ya I'd also rather put $10k in mods into an S2000 than a 10th gen Si. You already have some good rubbers, now just add TSP Stage 1 tune and call it a day!

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Haha ya I'd also rather put $10k in mods into an S2000 than a 10th gen Si. You already have some good rubbers, now just add TSP Stage 1 tune and call it a day!
Haha. True. EVERY daily driver I get I initially promise myself I'm gonna keep it stock and then.......

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Haha, I can't leave any vehicle stock either! :)

Remember: A few thousand will make the Civic more fun BUT can turn the S2000 into a supercar killer.
I am happy to be "done" modding the CTR and now am dedicated to building my S2000.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I added a PRL catted dp on my Si. It did increase the volume of the sound a bit, but it still is quiet driving around. It only speaks up when accelerating hard. It helped the response of my FBO stock turbo car. I think your 27Won turbo will be much too laggy without a high flow cat. Casual drive through neighborhood and accelerations.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
x2. There’s some fun in having a slow car to drive fast. Having a car you can thrash and enjoy w/o building up going-to-jail speeds has its advantages and a great deal of the power you potentially are going to make on a FWD Civic is going to be wasted in its first 2 gears. You’ll make good power but by the time you’ve added in boost by gear and advanced VSA to get some traction under 50 mph... much of that power was negated from that limited traction.

The S2000, like my Z, can be the object on making a decently-fast-for-it’s time sport car much faster. You’ll fall into the trap that you’ll have to drive the fast car slow a lot... which sometimes isn’t all that fun.

I’d do incremental upgrades. A TSP stage 1 isn’t a bad start, adds about 50 whp off the bat and really pushes the limits of the traction the car has in cooler weather. I have to use BBK and advanced VSA to not spin like mad on the stock summer Goodyear F1s.

Not saying not to do it... but if you’re already looking at having these 2 cars in your garage side by side... you should consider if your goals for each are overlapping to make one redundant for the drive it provides and limiting your resources by spreading them across both too far. I’d delay mods to get a S2000 sooner if that’s a big goal of yours. They’re not getting any newer and tomorrow isn’t guaranteed. If I had to choose sinking a few grand extra in my Civic or getting a nicer example of a near-classic sport car to go wild... or to get one sooner, I wouldn’t be putting my resources in the Civic. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
I added a PRL catted dp on my Si. It did increase the volume of the sound a bit, but it still is quiet driving around. It only speaks up when accelerating hard. It helped the response of my FBO stock turbo car. I think your 27Won turbo will be much too laggy without a high flow cat. Casual drive through neighborhood and accelerations.
Doesn't sound as loud as I thought. I think my anti-dp stance developed when I had a catted downpipe on my 2016 BMW 328i with a tune. It was the cold start up in single car garage that was borderline embarrassing.

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
Doesn't sound as loud as I thought. I think my anti-dp stance developed when I had a catted downpipe on my 2016 BMW 328i with a tune. It was the cold start up in single car garage that was borderline embarrassing.
Yeah the catted down pipes for 10th gen civics really don’t gain a lot of sound. It is very mild. I only noticed it when I started my car and the crackles when reversing. It is nothing compared to a full aftermarket exhaust system for these cars.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess I'm reluctant a bit to do a catted downpipe as anything exhaust related, unless you can hear it on another person's car yourself, is always a guessing game. What sounds good or bad from a YouTube clip may not reflect that in person. Plus once you buy it and install it, you're kinda stuck with it unless you want to uninstall and sell for half price.

Go with the catted AFE. I have it and DD my car, its perfect. I am also not longer young wanting a car that is loud so I looked for one that was quiet, not raspy and no CEL.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a prl catted dp/fp with type r exhaust but with no resonators and it’s quieter than the si exhaust with res delete but much much deeper and only gets louder the more gas you give it. It doesn’t have any rasp. I’m also running the W1 and flexfuel. I think it’s the perfect daily. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored