NoahMoe

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I am considering upgrading my turbo to a 27Won W1 or a W2 but I'm having trouble deciding. Which would y'all recommend and why?
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP
OP
NoahMoe

NoahMoe

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Si or base model?
Flex fuel?
Stock or built motor?
Power goals?
Drivability goals?

Impossible to say without SOME info.

Suggest you read the section on W1 vs W2

https://www.27won.com/blog/w2-drop-in-performance-turbocharger-now-available-for-2016-l15-engine
Si with TIP, CAI, MAP street exhaust, DP/FP and FMIC on the way tune with the new turbo.
As for power above 300hp, probably more rolls than drags. Driveability: a daily that can still kill it on the streets?

ModernSteelMetallix

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MSM Civic Si (2018)
Country flag
Si with TIP, CAI, MAP street exhaust, DP/FP and FMIC on the way tune with the new turbo.
As for power above 300hp, probably more rolls than drags. Driveability: a daily that can still kill it on the streets?
I would go with the rv6 when it comes out or w2

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
From my other thread, the W1 has a higher failure rate seen by DRob personally. As for the W2, it's too new to really say but for power W2 is better. For actual long term power MHI is smaller but the safest option as it's made but the manufacturers of the OEM turbo but may not hit 300whp+

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
From my other thread, the W1 has a higher failure rate seen by DRob personally. As for the W2, it's too new to really say but for power W2 is better. For actual long term power MHI is smaller but the safest option as it's made but the manufacturers of the OEM turbo but may not hit 300whp+
The MHI turbo should be able to hit 300 with ethanol

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
I was more implying the use of 91/93 as a standard but yes, E will help the numbers quite a bit

racingtoys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 si
Country flag
I just finished installing a W1 and the first thing I noticed was a lack of low end torque compared to pherable tune on stock turbo.

I can't imagine how bad the low end must be with anything larger than the W1...when cruising it feels like you're at the limit of having to down shift from whatever gear you usually cruise in on the street.

I seem to remember that guy with the red civic that got the first W2, and did a track day with it, mentioned that he thought he was in the wrong gear a few times. I took that to mean the car has no low end with the W2

Also ever since installing the W1 (running map 2) my clutch doesn't slip as bad as it did with pherable (running map 1)..thinking that low end sudden torque spike from the stock turbo and pherable kills the stock clutch?

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just finished installing a W1 and the first thing I noticed was a lack of low end torque compared to pherable tune on stock turbo.

I can't imagine how bad the low end must be with anything larger than the W1...when cruising it feels like you're at the limit of having to down shift from whatever gear you usually cruise in on the street.

I seem to remember that guy with the red civic that got the first W2, and did a track day with it, mentioned that he thought he was in the wrong gear a few times. I took that to mean the car has no low end with the W2

Also ever since installing the W1 (running map 2) my clutch doesn't slip as bad as it did with pherable (running map 1)..thinking that low end sudden torque spike from the stock turbo and pherable kills the stock clutch?
are you etuned or dyno tuned by John? if youre running OTS tunes with that turbo you're not really getting the most out of it. Especially OTS tunes made using a stock turbo.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mhi is a good option and should hit 300ish with e like another member said with pretty good reliability. The w1 is forsure bigger than the mhi by a good amount of i remember correctly but I’ve heard a lot of issues when using that turbo on moderate psi. I drove a car with a w1 last time and it felt pretty darn good. W2 is going to be my personal choice low end tq might not be the best since it’s a lot bigger but most of the time I’m going to want it to be in the high rpms since I usually just roll race or do canyons runs. But to each their own

racingtoys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 si
Country flag
are you etuned or dyno tuned by John? if youre running OTS tunes with that turbo you're not really getting the most out of it. Especially OTS tunes made using a stock turbo.
Still using the ktuner OTS W1 tune that 27won made for the turbo, trims look good (LTFT @ 0 and STFT max ~5)

Might get etune later but for now it's fine.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Still using the ktuner OTS W1 tune that 27won made for the turbo, trims look good (LTFT @ 0 and STFT max ~5)

Might get etune later but for now it's fine.
how is the OTS map with the W1 compared to the stock turbo OTS Maps

racingtoys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 si
Country flag
The OTS W1 map feels good, doesn't have the jerkey on off throttle that tsp 1 had.

I don't feel like the OTS W1 tune is any more dangerous than tsp or pherable.

Car feels tame and almost boring till you get on it a bit then it pulls hard and fast, way past where the stock turbo would just stop pulling..it's power delivery is really deceiving at first

Besides the W1 car also has PRL catted DP and mishimoto intercooler with stock piping, everything else stock, including factory air filter lol.
Sponsored