First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to save weight them the 27 Won if probably your best bet. I'm waiting on AP racing to make a kit for the civic and for my current winter tires to wear out so I can switch to 17" wheels from 16 and not have to swap brakes every season. 27 Won would be my second choice if AP racing decides not to make one.
Actually not, 27won rotors are heavier than stock.(over 17lb) Stoptech 328mm two piece rotor weights only 14lb

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON vs Willwood BBK F4E2A187-DEC5-4215-BFBE-B7811CDF5E57
Sponsored

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Actually not, 27won rotors are heavier than stock.(over 17lb) Stoptech 328mm two piece rotor weights only 14lb

F4E2A187-DEC5-4215-BFBE-B7811CDF5E57.jpeg
Do you have the Stoptech BBKs? I wonder if they’re compatible for non Si’s. I would think they are but procivic says they’re not although I didn’t get a concrete reason why..
“It mainly depends on how they are designed. Some kits may have brackets that are a bit more universal across different trims. However, not all are made the same. For the stoptech versions, they are only labeled to work on the si models as of right now. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.”

I really want stoptechs :(

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have the Stoptech BBKs? I wonder if they’re compatible for non Si’s. I would think they are but procivic says they’re not although I didn’t get a concrete reason why..
“It mainly depends on how they are designed. Some kits may have brackets that are a bit more universal across different trims. However, not all are made the same. For the stoptech versions, they are only labeled to work on the si models as of right now. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.”

I really want stoptechs :(
I do have the stoptech bbk, it should fit non si as well, just like 27won bbk fits si and non si.

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, that’s significantly lighter than 27wons 11.84lbs
27won’s 11.84lbs include brake pads hardwares and brake lines. I think the calipers are comparable in weight, stoptech rotors are just lighter.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I wonder how they cut 3 lbs per disc compared to 27 Won other than being 2 mm less diameter. Does it affect your brake fade at all?
Didn't know stoptech had a bbk for us, good to know, very good product and easily found parts even in Canada.

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder how they cut 3 lbs per disc compared to 27 Won other than being 2 mm less diameter. Does it affect your brake fade at all?
Didn't know stoptech had a bbk for us, good to know, very good product and easily found parts even in Canada.
My car is a daily driver so brake fade isn’t really a concern. Main reason I got it because of the weight saving. 3lb less rotational mass each corner without downsizing compared to stock si rotor. Calipers are also lighter, with lighter wheels I shed quite a bit of weight.

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
I just installed my 27won BBK today. They look great but I have never had any other BBK to compare to.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Check this out:

they do go over how Stoptech takes out unnecessary weight on the caliper.

Shawn2shawn

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would there be a time where you guys eventually do not produce the rotor rings anymore? Would there be other options to replace the rotors if it ever comes to that?
Highly unlikely, I don't see that being any sort of concern anytime soon.
Sponsored