27won turbo. Who’s running it?

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any good clutch setup with the OEM flywheel to hold 27won-esque torque figures?
I was running the FX350 for about 10-12k miles w/ oem flywheel, FBO, flex, Vit Si stage 2 flex tune, stock turbo and it took an utter shit out of the blew one day. Never drag raced, nothing, mostly all city miles.

I then upgraded to Eman's Type R Retro setup as well as his modified cmc. I'm now also running the 27won turbo w/ race maf, I've installed 4 bar map sensors and currently etuning w/ the man Drob. We are close to finishing and she rips, let me know if you have any questions as I know I regret spending the cash on the FX350 initially, should have just went Type R retro from the start! Live and learn right?!
Sponsored

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was running the FX350 for about 10-12k miles w/ oem flywheel, FBO, flex, Vit Si stage 2 flex tune, stock turbo and it took an utter shit out of the blew one day. Never drag raced, nothing, mostly all city miles.

I then upgraded to Eman's Type R Retro setup as well as his modified cmc. I'm now also running the 27won turbo w/ race maf, I've installed 4 bar map sensors and currently etuning w/ the man Drob. We are close to finishing and she rips, let me know if you have any questions as I know I regret spending the cash on the FX350 initially, should have just went Type R retro from the start! Live and learn right?!
I have been FBO,W1,flex, etuned by DRob, fx350 for almost 17k miles with no issues with the clutch. But when it does go out, I am going with the Retrofit Type R clutch and flywheel.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reviving the thread.
I have a fk7 sport. I am on fbo eth and vittuned.
Stock clutch. (I know i know) My clutch has been holding so far.
I plan on buying a 27won turbo. I know I have to ditch my tune and load a 27won turbo map on ktuner to use it properly.
Will the car be daily-able on stock clutch?
Is it safe to do highway pulls without tearing my stock clutch?
I do highway pulls on my current set up and its been holding like a champ

Stock OTS (Off The Shelf) turbo map with ethanol vs 27Won OTS map with ethanol. So the question would be why wouldn't it be daily-able on stock clutch and why wouldn't the 27Won be safe to do highway pulls with? The peak torque for both maps are virtually the same. Considering you'd drive the same with both maps, it wouldn't make any sense that you'd be doing more harm to your clutch with the 27Won vs stock. If anything, you are bringing in the same amount of torque higher in the rpm range, which is said to be better for everything.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27won turbo. Who’s running it? Honda+Civic+Turbo+Upgrade+L15?format=2500w

Last edited:

glossyprimerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch MT Sonic Gray
Country flag
I just ordered my W1 and PRL Intercooler with the pipes. Add that to my PRL Cobra Race MAF, PRL Catless DP/FP, flex fuel, Type R Clutch from E-man, and tune by DRob, and I think I’m going to stop there.

Anyone running the same and had any issues? My car is a Sport, do you guys think my stock internals will hold up for a while or am I asking for trouble?

glossyprimerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch MT Sonic Gray
Country flag
I did the exact same thing @Scarlet, bought the FX350. Had chatter from the start, never smoothed our. Lasted a bit over 7,000 miles and gave out. My Type R setup is waiting to be installed and I wish I hadn’t wasted the money on the FX...

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just ordered my W1 and PRL Intercooler with the pipes. Add that to my PRL Cobra Race MAF, PRL Catless DP/FP, flex fuel, Type R Clutch from E-man, and tune by DRob, and I think I’m going to stop there.

Anyone running the same and had any issues? My car is a Sport, do you guys think my stock internals will hold up for a while or am I asking for trouble?
You're in great hands with Derek Robinson!

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

I think if you dial back torque or move it higher in the rpm range you'll be good for a while. I read quite a few posts of Si's blowing due to torque.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think if you dial back torque or move it higher in the rpm range you'll be good for a while. I read quite a few posts of Si's blowing due to torque.
Si's blowing up because people use hondata and shitty tuners.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Conservative my ass lol
That's a pretty strong opinion you have, especially considering the fact that HPD and Hondata R&D together. There's a reason Honda went with Hondata.

Either you or Honda are wrong.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a pretty strong opinion you have, especially considering the fact that HPD and Hondata R&D together. There's a reason Honda went with Hondata.

Either you are Honda are wrong.
Lol try out Ktuner

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want won so bad but can't justify it on the family grocery getter (1.5T CVT) that I only drive on the weekends.

Looks like it gives a lot of fun by moving the power band to the right (higher rpms) and should be a blast to drive when wringing it out. It doesn't need more powah, just give it vtec like characteristics (screaming redline) and enjoy. Not much outlay to accomplish this; kudos to 27won. It looks like a fantastic product and deal.

Too bad not too many are reporting their experience with this setup. Hope to hear more noise after the holiday sale.
Sponsored

Last edited: